Novel supermarket lighting

Old January 8th 13, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

Default Novel supermarket lighting

I saw these in a new Sainsbury's store.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/8...ream/lightbox/

Are they LED arrays? I'm not sure. Whatever they are they do the job
well.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old January 8th 13, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

Sorry, wrong group.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old January 9th 13, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 21:34:51 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

Sorry, wrong group.

I was interested :-)
Old January 9th 13, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 21:37:30 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, Scott disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

I was interested :-)

Me too! I wonder what the 'correct' group would be?

I cannot see from the photo, but is the light coming from what looks
like a sheet of glass?
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).
Old January 10th 13, 01:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

wrote:

I was interested :-)

Me too! I wonder what the 'correct' group would be?

I cannot see from the photo, but is the light coming from what looks
like a sheet of glass?

uk.d-i-y, an excellent Newsgroup, and a post such as mine is regarded
very much on topic despite it not being DIY.

The resident lighting expert has yet to reply, but I am sure he will
give me chapter and verse when he does.

Taken in a new Sainsbury's. Leek, Staffordshire.

Glass, or more likely plastic blades, lit along the top, like those
signs you see in hotels etc.

Very effective.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old January 10th 13, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

wrote:

I was interested :-)

Me too! I wonder what the 'correct' group would be?

alt.supermarkets.lighting

Old January 10th 13, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Able

wrote:

I was interested :-)

Me too! I wonder what the 'correct' group would be?

I cannot see from the photo, but is the light coming from what looks
like a sheet of glass?

uk.d-i-y, an excellent Newsgroup, and a post such as mine is regarded
very much on topic despite it not being DIY.

The resident lighting expert has yet to reply, but I am sure he will
give me chapter and verse when he does.

Taken in a new Sainsbury's. Leek, Staffordshire.

Glass, or more likely plastic blades, lit along the top, like those
signs you see in hotels etc.

Very effective.

Looks very much the sort of "light pipe" that is commonly used to distribute
backlighting from an external lamp to the back-side of an LCD display.
They're very effective and, as you can see, can be just as uniform as can
be. My oscilloscope has just a single filament bulb along the short side of
the light pipe - but from the front you'd never guess that there's just the
one source, or where it is. Remarkable!

PA