BT e-mail

Old January 12th 13, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

Default BT e-mail

I don't like the idea that to ask a question of BT as a
prospective broadband customer I have to give my mother's maiden
name, inside leg measurement, etc - so I'll ask on here.

If I move from VM (which is getting silly expensive) to BT
broadband, how many e-mail addresses can I have on one account?
With VM I can have up to 15, but from what I have seen to
implcation is that with BT you get only one.

Don't worry, if I do move from VM it will likely be to AAISP or
Plusnet, I'm just curious that's all.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old January 12th 13, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 14:27:47 -0000, "Woody"
wrote:

If I move from VM (which is getting silly expensive) to BT
broadband, how many e-mail addresses can I have on one account?

Including my company address, I have 23 e-mail addresses with BT. They
all converge to one address and then are sorted at the client. I don't
know what the limit is but I had to register every one of them so I
assume that's when they are counted.

Steve

Old January 12th 13, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
S Viemeister

On 1/12/2013 9:27 AM, Woody wrote:
I don't like the idea that to ask a question of BT as a
prospective broadband customer I have to give my mother's maiden
name, inside leg measurement, etc - so I'll ask on here.

If I move from VM (which is getting silly expensive) to BT
broadband, how many e-mail addresses can I have on one account?
With VM I can have up to 15, but from what I have seen to
implcation is that with BT you get only one.

BT's website says "up to 10 sub-accounts".

Old January 12th 13, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

If I move from VM (which is getting silly expensive) to BT
broadband, how many e-mail addresses can I have on one account?

Including my company address, I have 23 e-mail addresses with BT. They
all converge to one address and then are sorted at the client. I don't
know what the limit is but I had to register every one of them so I
assume that's when they are counted.

Steve

*shrug* I have at least 5 domains and an infinite number of possible
email addresses within them.

But then I run my own mail relay.

It is not clear whether BT intercept and divert outgoing port 25
connections to their relay alone. I would not use any ISP that did that.

Or would set up my relay on a different port.

I do not regard such interception as providing an internet service.

If other mail systems refuse to accept my directly sent mail that is
their prerogative. I am not their customer.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old January 12th 13, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 1/12/2013 9:27 AM, Woody wrote:
I don't like the idea that to ask a question of BT as a
prospective broadband customer I have to give my mother's
maiden
name, inside leg measurement, etc - so I'll ask on here.

If I move from VM (which is getting silly expensive) to BT
broadband, how many e-mail addresses can I have on one
account?
With VM I can have up to 15, but from what I have seen to
implcation is that with BT you get only one.

BT's website says "up to 10 sub-accounts".

Where pray did you find that? I searched and searched but came to
nought.

Old January 12th 13, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 09:59:51 -0500, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 1/12/2013 9:27 AM, Woody wrote:
I don't like the idea that to ask a question of BT as a
prospective broadband customer I have to give my mother's maiden
name, inside leg measurement, etc - so I'll ask on here.

If I move from VM (which is getting silly expensive) to BT
broadband, how many e-mail addresses can I have on one account?
With VM I can have up to 15, but from what I have seen to
implcation is that with BT you get only one.

BT's website says "up to 10 sub-accounts".

There is no need to set up sub-accounts. I think that's for BT Yahoo.

Steve

Old January 12th 13, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
S Viemeister

On 1/12/2013 10:45 AM, Woody wrote:
"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 1/12/2013 9:27 AM, Woody wrote:
I don't like the idea that to ask a question of BT as a
prospective broadband customer I have to give my mother's
maiden
name, inside leg measurement, etc - so I'll ask on here.

If I move from VM (which is getting silly expensive) to BT
broadband, how many e-mail addresses can I have on one
account?
With VM I can have up to 15, but from what I have seen to
implcation is that with BT you get only one.

BT's website says "up to 10 sub-accounts".

Where pray did you find that? I searched and searched but came to
nought.

It wasn't easy! I clicked through so many links, I doubt I could retrace
my steps.

Old January 12th 13, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tigger

Woody writted thus:

I don't like the idea that to ask a question of BT as a prospective
broadband customer I have to give my mother's maiden name, inside leg
measurement, etc - so I'll ask on here.

If I move from VM (which is getting silly expensive) to BT broadband,
how many e-mail addresses can I have on one account? With VM I can have
up to 15, but from what I have seen to implcation is that with BT you
get only one.

Don't worry, if I do move from VM it will likely be to AAISP or Plusnet,
I'm just curious that's all.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...ow-many-email-
addresses-%28sub-accounts%29-can-i-have,-and-how-can-i-create-them%3F

--
http://db.tt/aI6WBZ7w
Old January 12th 13, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 12/01/2013 14:27, Woody wrote:
I don't like the idea that to ask a question of BT as a
prospective broadband customer I have to give my mother's maiden
name, inside leg measurement, etc - so I'll ask on here.

If I move from VM (which is getting silly expensive) to BT
broadband, how many e-mail addresses can I have on one account?
With VM I can have up to 15, but from what I have seen to
implcation is that with BT you get only one.

Don't worry, if I do move from VM it will likely be to AAISP or
Plusnet, I'm just curious that's all.

My advice would be to go for Plusnet, as you can have as many email
addresses as you want before @your username.plus.com (customisable)
And they've just gone "unlimited" and reduced their charges too.

AAISP would be excellent but they are very expensive in comparison.
However, you get what you pay for - if you can afford it...

Both have customer support units in the UK, unlike Bangalore Telecom!

You might also want to have a look at IDNet.

George
Old January 13th 13, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Apellation Controlee

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 17:40:47 +0000, George Weston
wrote:

[...]

My view is that using your ISP-provided email address is a
less-than-good idea.
All it will do is add to the aggravation when you eventually - as you
probably will - change your ISP further into the future.
Your own domain (cheap enough) where you can handle mail however you
want, or even simply a free web mail (Gmail/Hotmail/whatever) account
will save having to notify people that you have a new email address
every time you change your connection arrangements.