Sky Outage

Old January 15th 13, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default Sky Outage

Ripon, North Yorkshire, has just suffered phone and broadband outage
for the fourth time in the last two months. Does anyone know if Sky
are suffering particular issues in this particular area, as we are
coming up to renewal and don't want to suffer continuing outages. This
time it was off for 7 hours, previously it was off for 12 hours and I
think 9 hours.

I should hasten to add that between February and November we have had
excellent service from Sky, and wouldn't want to jump ship
unnecessarily.

--
John
Old January 15th 13, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 15/01/13 19:54, John wrote:
Ripon, North Yorkshire, has just suffered phone and broadband outage
for the fourth time in the last two months. Does anyone know if Sky
are suffering particular issues in this particular area, as we are
coming up to renewal and don't want to suffer continuing outages. This
time it was off for 7 hours, previously it was off for 12 hours and I
think 9 hours.

I should hasten to add that between February and November we have had
excellent service from Sky, and wouldn't want to jump ship
unnecessarily.

Its likely Not sky specific.

The acid test is to see if your router is actually syncing or not. If it
IS, then its not the BT part of the circuit between you and BTs DSLAM.
If it is connecting but not logging you in it can be an ATM failure
between you and the ISP (more BT issues) or a radius server issues
(mixed BT/ISP blame) or if you are definitely logged in, its definitely sky.

They do have a poor reputation but total lack of connectivity is not the
usual complaint.

Usain Bolt and prime time adverts don't come cheap....

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old January 15th 13, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:06:58 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 15/01/13 19:54, John wrote:
[...]

Sky have posted it on their Sky Service Page on at least 3 of the
occasions and both broadband and phone go off completely. Ditto when
it comes back on, both are working again.

It doesn't affect other people I know who have BT phones in the same
area.
--
John
Old January 15th 13, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasper

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:06:58 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

Usain Bolt and prime time adverts don't come cheap....

I thought he advertised Virgin, not Sky ?
Old January 16th 13, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 15/01/13 23:05, Jasper wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:06:58 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

Usain Bolt and prime time adverts don't come cheap....

I thought he advertised Virgin, not Sky ?

Muy Bad. I can never tell one shoddy consumer ISP from another without
my glasses on.