Demon connection problem

Old January 18th 13, 07:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Default Demon connection problem

Since 2am today (18 Jan) my Demon connection has shown good ADSL sync
but no PPP connection. I have rebooted the router ...

Anybody else see a problem with Demon?

--
Graham J
Old January 18th 13, 08:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob L

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 07:59:23 +0000, Graham J [email protected] wrote:

Since 2am today (18 Jan) my Demon connection has shown good ADSL sync
but no PPP connection. I have rebooted the router ...

Anybody else see a problem with Demon?

Turn your router OFF for 15 minutes, you probably have a stale
connection,, then try again.
Old January 18th 13, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Graham J wrote:

Since 2am today (18 Jan) my Demon connection has shown good ADSL sync
but no PPP connection. I have rebooted the router ...

Anybody else see a problem with Demon?

Not with Demon, by my neighbour on Plusnet (as am I) had ended up
connected to BT's @startup_domain overnight, a reboot cleared it.

Old January 18th 13, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

Graham J wrote:
Since 2am today (18 Jan) my Demon connection has shown good ADSL sync
but no PPP connection. I have rebooted the router ...

Anybody else see a problem with Demon?

I knew someone was left on Demon, it's you!

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

Old January 18th 13, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Steve Terry wrote:
Graham J wrote:
Since 2am today (18 Jan) my Demon connection has shown good ADSL sync
but no PPP connection. I have rebooted the router ...

Anybody else see a problem with Demon?

I knew someone was left on Demon, it's you!

It's a backup service - my other connection is with Zen.

The configuration is a load-balancing router connecting to a modem
(actually a basic router configured in bridge mode).

Power off modem for 30 minutes did not cure problem. But, reconfigured
modem as a router, it connects OK. Then reverted it to bridge mode -
load-balancing router connects immediately.

So probably some sort of stale session, as an earlier poster suggested.

However, Demon status was showing a problem in the Ipswich area (I am in
Norfolk - so that might have contributed to the problem - perhaps an
overloaded authentication server? ...)

--
Graham J

Old January 18th 13, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

In message , Graham J
writes
Steve Terry wrote:
Graham J wrote:
Since 2am today (18 Jan) my Demon connection has shown good ADSL sync
but no PPP connection. I have rebooted the router ...

Anybody else see a problem with Demon?

I knew someone was left on Demon, it's you!

It's a backup service - my other connection is with Zen.

The configuration is a load-balancing router connecting to a modem
(actually a basic router configured in bridge mode).

Power off modem for 30 minutes did not cure problem. But, reconfigured
modem as a router, it connects OK. Then reverted it to bridge mode -
load-balancing router connects immediately.

So probably some sort of stale session, as an earlier poster suggested.

However, Demon status was showing a problem in the Ipswich area (I am
in Norfolk - so that might have contributed to the problem - perhaps an
overloaded authentication server? ...)

RU not on demon.service?
--
bert
Old January 18th 13, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

bert wrote:
[snip]

RU not on demon.service?

No, is it any good?

I generally email - I've given up ringing their Indians.

--
Graham J

Old January 18th 13, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

In message , Graham J
writes
bert wrote:
[snip]

RU not on demon.service?

No, is it any good?

I generally email - I've given up ringing their Indians.

You would have got a better answer to your original question. It's a
busy group these days with the mail migration fiasco.
--
bert
Old January 18th 13, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rbel

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 19:46:13 +0000 (UTC), Nick Leverton
wrote:

In article , bert wrote:
In message , Graham J
writes
bert wrote:
[snip]

RU not on demon.service?

No, is it any good?

I generally email - I've given up ringing their Indians.

You would have got a better answer to your original question. It's a
busy group these days with the mail migration fiasco.

Having another Great Snafu are they ? Good to know some things are
still the same at Demon ...

Ah! the Great News Snafus, those were the days. Long gone but
impossible to forget.
--
rbel