Eternal September

Old January 23rd 13, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Default Eternal September

Is E-S down this evening?

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old January 24th 13, 05:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rodney Pont

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:34:14 -0000, Graham wrote:

Is E-S down this evening?

The same question has been asked in other groups so I assume so.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
e-mail rpont (at) gmail (dot) com

Old January 24th 13, 08:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Park

If it was I never noticed.
Regards
David

"Graham" wrote in message ...

Is E-S down this evening?

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old January 24th 13, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Rance

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 Graham wrote:

Is E-S down this evening?

Yes, but it's back up this morning.

David

Old January 24th 13, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:04:41 +0000, David Rance
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 Graham wrote:

Is E-S down this evening?

Yes, but it's back up this morning.

David

So I see. At least I know my old Datemas account still works. Posted
with Windows Live Mail, I promise not to do that again ;-)
Old January 24th 13, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:34:14 -0000, "Graham" wrote:

Is E-S down this evening?

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

It was for me, although their server status was shown green on the
website. It would help if they provided some update. It is back now.
Old January 24th 13, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Scott wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:34:14 -0000, "Graham" wrote:

Is E-S down this evening?

It was for me, although their server status was shown green on the
website. It would help if they provided some update. It is back now.

Apparently it was down on port 119, but up on ports 80 and 443,
presumably the servers were seeing enough new sessions for the status to
stay green.

Old January 24th 13, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Hough

David Rance wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 Graham wrote:

Is E-S down this evening?

Yes, but it's back up this morning.

It's not 100%, my news server keeps complaining that it can't connect to the
IPv6 address (refused) although it does then connect to the IPv4 address OK.

Dave

Old January 24th 13, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Denis McMahon

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:34:14 +0000, Graham wrote:

Is E-S down this evening?

I don't think they were down, but looking at their stats page ( http://
http://www.eternal-september.org/ser...hp?language=en or http://
tinyurl.com/cqufr8b ) connections appeared to drop from ~ 625 to ~ 250
at 19:00 (ES time or UTC? I don't know) and then decayed to ~ 200
connections at about 04:40, at which point it jumped to about 450
connections, which I think is a more normal load at that time of day.

So not down, but a bit poorly maybe? Or bandwidth constrained (although I
switched to the TLS/SSL connection when I noticed the problem and that
seemed to be fine).

--
Denis McMahon,
Old January 30th 13, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Graham (for it is he) wrote:

Is E-S down this evening?

It's doing something weird today, as there are large parts of threads
missing in a few groups and I can't see my own posts.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:00:26 up 44 days, 23:32, 6 users, load average: 0.79, 0.69, 0.68