Just want a simple setup for a sipgate number to one analogue phone.

Old January 29th 13, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
brightside S9

Default Just want a simple setup for a sipgate number to one analogue phone.

I have had a sipgate number for several years. It was once used or
producing emails from incoming calls. It is still working OK, I just
tested it.

Due to SWMBO hogging the phone for hours at a time I need to use this
Sipgate number to allow incoming calls to this Sipgate number to ring
a second analogue phone connected to an ATA (no BT line will be
connected to this second phone).

Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
port of a Netgear DG834G.

Thanks.

--
brightside S9
Old January 29th 13, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
cybuerke

brightside S9 wrote:
I have had a sipgate number for several years. It was once used or
producing emails from incoming calls. It is still working OK, I just
tested it.

Due to SWMBO hogging the phone for hours at a time I need to use this
Sipgate number to allow incoming calls to this Sipgate number to ring
a second analogue phone connected to an ATA (no BT line will be
connected to this second phone).

Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
port of a Netgear DG834G.

Thanks.

Obi 100 - in regular use for over a year, and it hasn't failed me yet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OBi100-UK-Internet-Phone-Adaptor-Required/dp/B005FSTM0G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359487040&sr=8-2

Old January 29th 13, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Markettos

brightside S9 wrote:
Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
port of a Netgear DG834G.

Years ago the PAP2 used to do this job, and there were plenty floating
around. I picked one up at a car boot for a few quid. There appear to be a
number on ebay currently.

On the subject, is there a more recent ATA at a decent price with the
functionality of an SPA3102 - ie supports multiple SIP providers selected by
dialplan?

Theo
Old January 29th 13, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Eager

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:01:23 +0000, Theo Markettos wrote:

brightside S9 wrote:
Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
port of a Netgear DG834G.

Years ago the PAP2 used to do this job, and there were plenty floating
around. I picked one up at a car boot for a few quid. There appear to
be a number on ebay currently.

On the subject, is there a more recent ATA at a decent price with the
functionality of an SPA3102 - ie supports multiple SIP providers
selected by dialplan?

The SPA3102 is still current kit and very good - I bought one recently to
'fill a gap'. About 50 from Amazon. The SPA112 is only 40, also current
- that is all you need - the SPA3102 is overkill as you don't need the
FXS port. Actually, the SPA112 has *two" FXO ports so you could have
another VoIP number and have calls to that too.

I like this kit - I also have an old SPA200, and the rather hefty SPA8000
(still current too).

Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me 30 a post
Old January 29th 13, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Markettos

Bob Eager wrote:
The SPA3102 is still current kit and very good - I bought one recently to
'fill a gap'. About 50 from Amazon. The SPA112 is only 40, also current
- that is all you need - the SPA3102 is overkill as you don't need the
FXS port. Actually, the SPA112 has *two" FXO ports so you could have
another VoIP number and have calls to that too.

One other option I might try is uelastix on a Raspberry Pi: I already have a
PAP2, I already have a Pi, and it might be more flexible than an SPA3102 yet
less painful than writing raw Asterisk.

Theo
Old January 30th 13, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:28:55 +0000, brightside S9
wrote:

I have had a sipgate number for several years. It was once used or
producing emails from incoming calls. It is still working OK, I just
tested it.

Due to SWMBO hogging the phone for hours at a time I need to use this
Sipgate number to allow incoming calls to this Sipgate number to ring
a second analogue phone connected to an ATA (no BT line will be
connected to this second phone).

Would anyone care to recommend a reliable ATA for a reasonable price,
and easy / simple to configure. The ATA is to be connected to a LAN
port of a Netgear DG834G.

Thanks.

Linksys PAP2 from various Hong Kong Ebay sellers, for about 15
shipped.

The PAP2 has 2 FXS ports and can be considered as two independent ATAs
in one box.

Old January 30th 13, 12:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Eager

brightside S9 wrote:
[...]

I reversed FXS/FXO there...sorry.

Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me 30 a post
Old January 30th 13, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Eager

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:46:10 +0000, Theo Markettos wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
The SPA3102 is still current kit and very good - I bought one recently
to 'fill a gap'. About 50 from Amazon. The SPA112 is only 40, also
current - that is all you need - the SPA3102 is overkill as you don't
need the FXS port. Actually, the SPA112 has *two" FXO ports so you
could have another VoIP number and have calls to that too.

One other option I might try is uelastix on a Raspberry Pi: I already
have a PAP2, I already have a Pi, and it might be more flexible than an
SPA3102 yet less painful than writing raw Asterisk.

What does the Pi gain you? The PAP2T does all that was asked for.

Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me 30 a post
Old January 30th 13, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

wrote:

[...]

Try Googling analogue telephone adapter and you will get loads.
In addition to the PAP2 (don't forget Linksys is now owned by
Cisco) Grandstream have always been good products in this field
as have Sipura (which are now part of Linksys.) Also look at
products by Zoom and Zyxel which again have always had a good
reputation in the past. Linksys products with type numbers
starting SPA are ex Sipura and from my experience are easier to
set up than the PAPT2.

Have you considered a voip phone? Yealink are, I am informed, a
good product in addition to the regular Siemens Gigaset products.

Have a look at www.internetvoipphone.co.uk or www.voipon.co.uk as
a start. You have the advantage of being a Sipgate user which
gives you access to their support pages where you will find
complete setup configs for using many products in the UK -
getting the ringing cadence and dial/engaged(etc) tones correct
for a start.

Many of the ATAs have a built-in server so can sit between the
modem and a PC, but any will work equally well on a router
output. You may however on some routers (I don't think it applies
on yours) have to forward some ports or port ranges to make sure
that comms can take place as needed.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old January 30th 13, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Markettos

Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:46:10 +0000, Theo Markettos wrote:

One other option I might try is uelastix on a Raspberry Pi: I already
have a PAP2, I already have a Pi, and it might be more flexible than an
SPA3102 yet less painful than writing raw Asterisk.

What does the Pi gain you? The PAP2T does all that was asked for.

....but it's not an alternative to an SPA3102, which was my derailment of this
thread

Theo