BSkyB buys O2 and BE broadband businesses from Telefonica

Old March 1st 13, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

Default BSkyB buys O2 and BE broadband businesses from Telefonica

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21627614

Unexpected ?

Old March 1st 13, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Timmy wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21627614
Unexpected ?

I suppose Be have been struggling to roll-out fibre for too long,
presumably losing many customers in the areas where BT have managed to
get their fibre out there, so this is a way for Telefonica to abandon
that plan before all the customers abandon them.

360 to 400 per customer seems quite steep.

Old March 1st 13, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 09:55:02 -0000, Timmy wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21627614

Unexpected ?

The lyrics of the latest Bond theme seem appropriate.

I have BE ADSL2 and I am very pleased indeed with it.
I have recently been enrolled into the Sam Knows White box monitoring
project that will probably run for 2 years, so it will be interesting
to see if there are any negative trends to my stats in the coming
months. That is of course If I don't jump ship first.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old March 1st 13, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

In article , Andrew MacPherson
writes
(Timmy) wrote:

Unexpected ?

2 months ago O2 phoned me and persuaded me to tie into another year's contract
for
about 6.50 a month, and I still get the discount for being a phone customer. I
said it sounded a bit too good to be true, and I hadn't been planning on going
anywhere, because I'd had great service in every way from O2 for over 4 years.

Now I understand the desire to lock people in!

Still, that's a good deal.

Was the 6.50 a half price for a few months thing or for the whole term?
Any rate limiting or capping? I know there is a legacy deal if you
accept a 12Mbps limit but I think that is around the 14quid mark.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Old March 1st 13, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Park

I got an e-mail from Be today informing.
It contains a link to click to see how it effects the link does not work,
does it work for other Be Unlimited customers?
Regards
David

Old March 1st 13, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

In article , David Park
writes

I got an e-mail from Be today informing.
It contains a link to click to see how it effects the link does not work,
does it work for other Be Unlimited customers?

Yes, after a couple of redirects it ends up he

https://www.bethere.co.uk/portal/broadbandchanges.htm

God knows why these muppets feel it needs to be viewed over a secure
connection.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Old March 1st 13, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

On 01/03/2013 12:58, Graham. wrote:
On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 09:55:02 -0000, Timmy wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21627614

Unexpected ?

The lyrics of the latest Bond theme seem appropriate.

I have BE ADSL2 and I am very pleased indeed with it.

Same here.

I have recently been enrolled into the Sam Knows White box monitoring
project that will probably run for 2 years, so it will be interesting
to see if there are any negative trends to my stats in the coming
months. That is of course If I don't jump ship first.

Damm, I'm not keen on either Sky or Virgin, the megalomaniac owners* of
either regularly make me wanna throw up.

Time to go FTTC shopping, me thinks ;-)

Hello Plusnet?

* yes, I know who runs Virgin....

--
Adrian C

Old March 1st 13, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

fred (for it is he) wrote:

https://www.bethere.co.uk/portal/broadbandchanges.htm

God knows why these muppets feel it needs to be viewed over a secure
connection.

The 'muppets' are those who designed HTTP without encryption support right
from the start.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:17:03 up 74 days, 22:49, 8 users, load average: 0.77, 0.73, 0.74