Have you asked O2 or Be for your MAC today?

Old March 4th 13, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Park

Default Have you asked O2 or Be for your MAC today?

Did they try to get you to stay?
Think Broadband Forum says O2 offering free broadband for a year and 100
phone credit to stay.
I also hear a long queue on the cancellation line at Be.
Regards
David

Old March 4th 13, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

David Park wrote:
Think Broadband Forum says O2 offering free broadband for a year and 100
phone credit to stay.

What's to stop someone hanging around for the year and then jumping
ship? Or simply leaving midway through the 12 month contract?

Chris
Old March 4th 13, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Chris Davies" wrote in message
David Park wrote:
Think Broadband Forum says O2 offering free broadband for a year and 100
phone credit to stay.

What's to stop someone hanging around for the year and then jumping
ship?

Nothing.

Or simply leaving midway through the 12 month contract?

They will want their 100 back.

Chris

Old March 4th 13, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Park

David Park wrote:
Think Broadband Forum says O2 offering free broadband for a year and 100
phone credit to stay.

What's to stop someone hanging around for the year and then jumping
ship?

Nothing.

Or simply leaving midway through the 12 month contract?

They will want their 100 back.

*****

And maybe some early termination fee for the rest of the 12 month.

By the way I hear it is a deal like I have had for the past 2 years with Be
and only half price and a 12 month contract, balance to be paid for early
cancellation.
Thus my question what are Be really offering?
Regards
David

Old March 4th 13, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

On 04/03/2013 10:23, David Park wrote:
Did they try to get you to stay?

Yes.

Think Broadband Forum says O2 offering free broadband for a year and
100 phone credit to stay.

Not surprised.

I also hear a long queue on the cancellation line at Be.

I called at 9:15 this morning, there were 15 callers before me in the queue.

Then it went, 14, 13, 12, 10, 7, 4, 3, 1, me.

Job done at 9:40, and MAC received soon after.

We parted in tears, Be/O2 is a damm good ISP and Sky Broadband is not
exactly rotten. However, IMO the new proprietor is. I'd rather jump into
bed with BT. ;-(

Which I have done. Plusnet Essentials Fibre.

--
Adrian C

Old March 5th 13, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Chris Davies (for it is he) wrote:

What's to stop someone hanging around for the year and then jumping
ship?

Nothing? I think the idea is, there's some kind of 'performance' element to
the acquisition, ie Telefonica get an extra wad of cash if enough of the
subscribers stay on. Which I won't be.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
22:47:17 up 79 days, 1:19, 8 users, load average: 0.86, 1.12, 1.15

Old March 11th 13, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 04/03/2013 19:07, Adrian C wrote:
Which I have done. Plusnet Essentials Fibre.

Welcome aboard

Old March 15th 13, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

On 11/03/2013 13:04, Plusnet Support Team wrote:
On 04/03/2013 19:07, Adrian C wrote:
Which I have done. Plusnet Essentials Fibre.

Welcome aboard

Thanks, now all up and running - and glad to see the plusnet TG582n
router has all the nice same DNS server features that were in my old
BeBox Speedtouch 780WL. Dead useful that!

--
Adrian C