Which ISP will be first to target BE/O2 customers ?

Old March 4th 13, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Benham

Default Which ISP will be first to target BE/O2 customers ?

I was half expecting one or two ISPs to come up with an offer to attract
customers who'll be leaving BE/O2, but I've seen nothing so far.

The activity on BE's forum suggests that Sky won't be getting many BE
customers. Of course, the BE members posting on the forum may not be
representative of the BE membership generally.
Old March 4th 13, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Park

"Andrew Benham" wrote in message ...

I was half expecting one or two ISPs to come up with an offer to attract
customers who'll be leaving BE/O2, but I've seen nothing so far.

The activity on BE's forum suggests that Sky won't be getting many BE
customers. Of course, the BE members posting on the forum may not be
representative of the BE membership generally.

****

It's only first working day since Be told us we customers were being sold to
Sky so early days for that.

I think I might be typical of a loyal Be customer over the years and who as
been waiting for Be to offer FTTC for 2 years now. I'm on my second year
of a half price deal to keep me as a customer, so there could well be a lot
like me. When it became obvious towards the end of 2012 that FTTC was not
coming that year customers started to leave as BT expanded their network,
now we have the acceleration of departures that we see today.
Regards
David

Old March 5th 13, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

On 04/03/2013 17:47, Andrew Benham wrote:
I was half expecting one or two ISPs to come up with an offer to attract
customers who'll be leaving BE/O2, but I've seen nothing so far.

The activity on BE's forum suggests that Sky won't be getting many BE
customers. Of course, the BE members posting on the forum may not be
representative of the BE membership generally.

I already did the preliminary checks with Zen to see if they do static
I.P. address on ADSL2+ (essential for me) they do, so when the panic has
subsided I'll be leaving Be and head off to Zen, twiddling my thumbs
until 2014 the scheduled year for FTC.

Sky, Virgin, BT and TalkTalk are all companies I'll never be using for
Internet. BeThere was great while they were still in the game.

http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.
http://www.bodysolid-gym-equipment.co.uk
http://www.trade-price-supplements.co.uk
http://www.water-rower.co.uk
Old March 5th 13, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
critcher

On 05/03/2013 14:01, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 04/03/2013 17:47, Andrew Benham wrote:
I was half expecting one or two ISPs to come up with an offer to attract
customers who'll be leaving BE/O2, but I've seen nothing so far.

The activity on BE's forum suggests that Sky won't be getting many BE
customers. Of course, the BE members posting on the forum may not be
representative of the BE membership generally.

I already did the preliminary checks with Zen to see if they do static
I.P. address on ADSL2+ (essential for me) they do, so when the panic has
subsided I'll be leaving Be and head off to Zen, twiddling my thumbs
until 2014 the scheduled year for FTC.

Sky, Virgin, BT and TalkTalk are all companies I'll never be using for
Internet. BeThere was great while they were still in the game.

[email protected]

critcher said...............
apart from customer services, whats wrong with sky broadband ?
Old March 5th 13, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 05/03/13 19:31, critcher wrote:
[...]

alliSPs are to be judged on the basics:
1/. how much of the raw sync speed is available to do data transfer.
Sky? Poor
2/. What happens if y6opu transfer too much? Sky? Poor
3// What happens if things go wrong? Sjy? Poor
4/. How often do things go wrong? Sky? Poor.
5/. Do they have any services that are useful beyond internet access?
Sky? good. If watching movies is your thing. If not, Sky? Poor.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old March 5th 13, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Andrew Benham" wrote in message
I was half expecting one or two ISPs to come up with an offer to attract
customers who'll be leaving BE/O2, but I've seen nothing so far.

The activity on BE's forum suggests that Sky won't be getting many BE
customers. Of course, the BE members posting on the forum may not be
representative of the BE membership generally.

Quite a few O2 customers will be with O2 from when BT sold off their mobile
phone business around 12 years ago, although in the first few years after
floatation their customer service was diabolical - much better now, although
still not actually 'good'.

I would have thought Virgin was the most likely to attack and most likely to
be successful where their cable passes the customer's house, as their offer
will be better.

Virgin's current ad' has Eusain Bolt and a fake "BLOT 1" character. Typo
maybe - bit close to BT, OTwo and BE perhaps.

Let's hope they follow up with the others are all Talk Talk and no action...

As it happens O2 has cemented most customers in with 12 month discounted
deals. Consequently most of these customers won't jump ship until the deal
runs out, and might not jump ship at all if Sky manage not to **** them over
on renewal or abuse their direct debits - well Sky would never do that would
they...

Old March 5th 13, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Boulding

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 19:31:04 +0000, critcher wrote in
:

critcher said...............
apart from customer services,

and the shameful realisation that you've become one of those who, like Sun
and Times readers, and Sky TV watchers, are perpetuating the wealth and
power of the Murdoch family,

whats wrong with sky broadband ?

--
Regards, Peter Boulding
(to e-mail, remove "UNSPAM")
Old March 5th 13, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

critcher wrote:
apart from customer services, whats wrong with sky broadband ?

No static IP.
Chris
Old March 5th 13, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Leverton

In article , critcher wrote:
[...]

Gives more money and influence to the Dirty Digger's dirty empire.

Nick
Old March 5th 13, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Boulding

On Tue, 5 Mar 2013 22:14:14 +0000 (UTC), Nick Leverton
wrote in :

critcher said...............
apart from customer services, whats wrong with sky broadband ?

Gives more money and influence to the Dirty Digger's dirty empire.

You put it so much more pithily.

--
Regards, Peter "sorry about the lithp" Boulding