BT

Old March 6th 13, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grey Lensman

Default BT

Thinking of switching to the BT unlimited broadband package.

Do they block any ports and is port forwarding easy on the latest Home Hub?
Old March 6th 13, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:54:14 -0000, "Grey Lensman"
! wrote:

Thinking of switching to the BT unlimited broadband package.

Do they block any ports and is port forwarding easy on the latest Home Hub?

No ports are blocked. I've don't need port forwarding but the
instructions at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32211
look easy to follow.

Steve

Old March 6th 13, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John the R-T

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:54:14 -0000, Grey Lensman wrote:

Thinking of switching to the BT unlimited broadband package.

Before you do you might like to read this blog by a friend of mine
http://ukfrogman.wordpress.com/page/41/

Still ongoing after ten months. BT and Openreach know where the problem
lies but Openreach refuse to fix it.

Good luck if you do change and I hope you have no problems.

--
John the R-T
http://ccgi.john-the-r-t.co.uk// Cruise and Family site.
Old March 6th 13, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John the R-T

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:50:21 +0000, John the R-T wrote:

Before you do you might like to read this blog by a friend of mine
http://ukfrogman.wordpress.com/page/41/

Hm, that only give the last few pages.
Full link http://ukfrogman.wordpress.com/

Old March 11th 13, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 06/03/2013 08:54, Grey Lensman wrote:
Thinking of switching to the BT unlimited broadband package.

Do they block any ports and is port forwarding easy on the latest Home Hub?

I've got a Home Hub on a second Plusnet line and port forwarding seems
relatively problem free. I couldn't for the life of me get the thing to
respond to ICMP traffic/pings on the WAN interface though. A spot of
Googling suggested it wasn't possible.

Old March 12th 13, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

! wrote:

Thinking of switching to the BT unlimited broadband package.

Don't. There are much better ISPs about.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?