BT boxes and cable

Old March 14th 13, 08:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tg

Default BT boxes and cable

I have bog-standard adsl broadband and I want to strip out some old wiring
and reconnect a BT master socket with new cable, going from the old BT
connection box to the master socket. Is there any disadvantage to using
standard CAT5 network cable for this? Would cat5 have any negative effects
on the adsl signal?

Old March 14th 13, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 14/03/13 08:59, tg wrote:
I have bog-standard adsl broadband and I want to strip out some old
wiring and reconnect a BT master socket with new cable, going from the
old BT connection box to the master socket. Is there any disadvantage to
using standard CAT5 network cable for this? Would cat5 have any negative
effects on the adsl signal?

Its actually better than phone cable.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old March 17th 13, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert Moss-Eccardt

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/03/13 08:59, tg wrote:
I have bog-standard adsl broadband and I want to strip out some old
wiring and reconnect a BT master socket with new cable, going from the
old BT connection box to the master socket. Is there any disadvantage to
using standard CAT5 network cable for this? Would cat5 have any negative
effects on the adsl signal?

Its actually better than phone cable.

Make sure that you don't use stranded where solid core should be, or
vice-versa.