Gigaset e.g. A220A DECT : Clone name/numbers from Panasonic DECT (e.g. KX-TCD3-00E ?

Old March 15th 13, 12:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maurice Batey

Default Gigaset e.g. A220A DECT : Clone name/numbers from Panasonic DECT (e.g. KX-TCD3-00E ?

Thinking of replacing Panasonic DECT KX-TCD300E and separate answerphone
with Gigaset DECT e.g. A220A combined handset & answerphone, and wondering
about the possibility of cloning the Panasonic's name/number info across
to the Gigaset.

Some time ago we found the cloning was possible between Panasonics.

Anyone know if cloning from Panasonic to Gigaset is possible, please?
--
/\/\aurice

Old March 15th 13, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Maurice Batey wrote:
Thinking of replacing Panasonic DECT KX-TCD300E and separate answerphone
with Gigaset DECT e.g. A220A combined handset & answerphone, and wondering
about the possibility of cloning the Panasonic's name/number info across
to the Gigaset.

Some time ago we found the cloning was possible between Panasonics.

Anyone know if cloning from Panasonic to Gigaset is possible, please?

A customer bought two Gigaset N300IP devices - these have what appears
to be a similar handset to the A220A. The customer hates them, and
blames me for giving poor advice.

The handsets are slow to wake up - keying the first digit of the number
you wish to dial wakes the handset, but the digit itself isn't captured
unless you hold the key down for an unreasonably long time.

It would be better if picking the handset off the base station woke it
up (as it does for automatic answering of incoming calls).

Did Siemens ever test them with potential customers?

--

Graham J

Old March 15th 13, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maurice Batey

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:29:21 +0000, Graham J wrote:

The customer hates them,

OIC. Mmm., well, I had seen glowing reports elswhere w.r.t. Gigasets, but
perhaps we'll stick to good old Pannies after all!
Thanks, Graham.

P.S. Apologies to all for hitting the wrong button when posting - it was
supposed to go nto the 'telecom' newsgroup...

--
/\/\aurice

Old March 15th 13, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Graham J" [email protected] wrote in message
Maurice Batey wrote:
[...]

Odd earlier Gigasets wake up when picked up and answer if programmed to do
so.

Old March 15th 13, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rbel

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:18:48 +0000, Maurice Batey
wrote:

Thinking of replacing Panasonic DECT KX-TCD300E and separate answerphone
with Gigaset DECT e.g. A220A combined handset & answerphone, and wondering
about the possibility of cloning the Panasonic's name/number info across
to the Gigaset.

Some time ago we found the cloning was possible between Panasonics.

Anyone know if cloning from Panasonic to Gigaset is possible, please?

While we have had Gigaset kit for some years (excellent with no
problems at all) I do not know the answer to your cloning question.
You may want to have a look at the Ligo site which has hundreds of
reviews of various Gigaset units. There may be some mention of a
solution amongst the comments.
http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/siemens-phones/
--
rbel
Old March 16th 13, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anthony R. Gold

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:29:21 +0000, Graham J [email protected] wrote:

A customer bought two Gigaset N300IP devices - these have what appears
to be a similar handset to the A220A. The customer hates them, and
blames me for giving poor advice.

The handsets are slow to wake up - keying the first digit of the number
you wish to dial wakes the handset, but the digit itself isn't captured
unless you hold the key down for an unreasonably long time.

It would be better if picking the handset off the base station woke it
up (as it does for automatic answering of incoming calls).

Did Siemens ever test them with potential customers?

That behaviour is quite different from my several installations of N300A IP
and C610A IP Gigasets (it's the same device with different badges in
different markets). BTW I use their C610H handsets with all if the systems
and all of the systems are maxed out to 6 handsets.

I suggest you check for aggressive power savings settings that could be
causing these effects.

My main criticism of this device is its lack of any system-wide phone
directory, requiring the tedious copying and synchronizing of entries from
handset to handset. But in constant daily use in multiple locations I have
never ever seen a delay in a handset response or in a dropped keypad button
press.
Old March 16th 13, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Anthony R. Gold wrote:
[...]

The customer bought two of these, and the both behave the same way. I
configured them, but the only change I made from "out of the box" was to
set "auto answer on picking up from base unit".

If such "aggresssive power saving settings" are the default, that would
seem to be unfortunate ...

--
Graham J

Old March 16th 13, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anthony R. Gold

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:56:52 +0000, Graham J [email protected] wrote:

Anthony R. Gold wrote:
[...]

Got to Settings/Management/Miscellaneous and uncheck Eco Mode and Eco Mode+.