3G in North Lopham, Norfolk

Old March 20th 13, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Default 3G in North Lopham, Norfolk

Can anybody confirm whether any wireless telephone supplier provides a
3G service that give an internet connection in North Lopham, typical
postcode IP22 2LR (the primary school).

I've tried Vodafone but the nearest location it works is near the A11
between Thetford and Norwich.

Thanks.

--
Graham J
Old March 20th 13, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown

On 20/03/2013 10:12, Graham J wrote:
Can anybody confirm whether any wireless telephone supplier provides a
3G service that give an internet connection in North Lopham, typical
postcode IP22 2LR (the primary school).

I've tried Vodafone but the nearest location it works is near the A11
between Thetford and Norwich.

Have you tried the various online coverage maps? I found to my surprise
that 3 actually cover my village well enough for 3G despite the fact
that Orange and O2 are both borderline for basic mobile telephony.

http://www.three.co.uk/_standalone/C...aptypeForm=mbb

According to the map we are outdoor only on Three but in practice it
works when used upstairs (as do the mobile phones on other networks).

The coverage map is a bit odd since for some reason it thinks a small
bridge that is deep in a steep valley has much better coverage than us.
It is in fact a black spot with no signal for any networks at all.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old March 20th 13, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Martin Brown wrote:
[...]

No, for the reason you describe. Much more interested in the experience
of real people ....

-- Graham J