Demon connectevity SE London, Kent, E.Sussex

Old March 20th 13, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Justin C

Default Demon connectevity SE London, Kent, E.Sussex

Anyone know what's going on with Demon at the moment?
Out net connection dropped somewhere around 4am and
we've still go nothing. The status phoneline only
says engineers are on site, and that other engineers
are logged in remotely to help fix the problem.

We're now about nine hours into this problem but
they're not telling us much. Anyone else in the same
boat got any more news?

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old March 20th 13, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 20/03/13 13:26, Justin C wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with Demon at the moment?
Out net connection dropped somewhere around 4am and
we've still go nothing. The status phoneline only
says engineers are on site, and that other engineers
are logged in remotely to help fix the problem.

We're now about nine hours into this problem but
they're not telling us much. Anyone else in the same
boat got any more news?

Justin.

according to my ISP there are BT backhaul issues around Broadstairs and
Lerwick.

If that corresponds, just be patient.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old March 20th 13, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Justin C

On 2013-03-20, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 20/03/13 13:26, Justin C wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with Demon at the moment?
Out net connection dropped somewhere around 4am and
we've still go nothing. The status phoneline only
says engineers are on site, and that other engineers
are logged in remotely to help fix the problem.

We're now about nine hours into this problem but
they're not telling us much. Anyone else in the same
boat got any more news?

Justin.

according to my ISP there are BT backhaul issues around Broadstairs and
Lerwick.

If that corresponds, just be patient.

It came back at around 2pm. That's about 10 hours outage.
Not good for a business running a web-shop that needs a
connection to the local DB to function properly :-(

Thanks for the heads-up, I couldn't find anything at all,
and, TBH, wouldn't really know where to start looking. I
appreciate that even if I knew what was going on I'd not
be able to do anything about it, but it's just nice to
have a fuller picture than Demon was giving us.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old March 20th 13, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DaverN

On 20/03/2013 15:44, Justin C wrote:
On 2013-03-20, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

I sometimes find BT's Business Status web site informative:-

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

Given the current situation of cable loss or damage by "third parties"
reported on Monday alone for *22* different locations, it indicates the
scale of the problems facing BT.

--
DaverN
Old March 20th 13, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 20/03/13 15:44, Justin C wrote:
On 2013-03-20, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

My hosted server crashed for the best part of a day too, so 'managed
hosted raided backup up' servers go down as well.

They rebooted it and upgraded all its software. Ho hum.

Justin.

Old March 20th 13, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

On 2013-03-20, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
[...]

Interesting. Since when did cable theft warrant capitals?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old March 20th 13, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 2013-03-20, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

BOOKMARKED.

TYVM!!!

Old March 20th 13, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Guest

On 2013-03-20, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

Also their broadband status line on 0800 169 0199, been using that even
since we stopped using BT Broadband at work years ago. Gives a quick idea
why things could be bad even so.
--
MrGuest
Always, seemingly, on the road to nowhere
Old March 20th 13, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DaverN

On 20/03/2013 19:01, Woody wrote:
"DaverN" wrote in message

I sometimes find BT's Business Status web site informative:-

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

Given the current situation of cable loss or damage by "third
parties" reported on Monday alone for *22* different locations,
it indicates the scale of the problems facing BT.

--

Interesting. Since when did cable theft warrant capitals?

A capital crime perhaps?

--
DaverN
Old March 21st 13, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Justin C

On 2013-03-20, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

That's very interesting. Thank you for the link. Bookmarked
for future reference.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.