What is fastest upload speed available under BT (or any other) for London residential?

Old March 21st 13, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Default What is fastest upload speed available under BT (or any other) for London residential?

What is fastest upload speed available under BT (or any other) for London
residential?

I got 16 mbits odd - but I would dearly like faster.

Old March 21st 13, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 21/03/13 20:16, 7 wrote:
What is fastest upload speed available under BT (or any other) for London
residential?

I got 16 mbits odd - but I would dearly like faster.

20Mbps is the fastest quoted with FTTC

You are lucky. 448k here and thats the best i'll get

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old March 21st 13, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Champ

On 21/03/2013 20:16, 7 wrote:
What is fastest upload speed available under BT (or any other) for London
residential?

I got 16 mbits odd - but I would dearly like faster.

Can you get Virgin?

Andy
Old March 22nd 13, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pe[email protected]

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:35:22 +0000, Andy Champ
wrote:

On 21/03/2013 20:16, 7 wrote:
What is fastest upload speed available under BT (or any other) for London
residential?

I got 16 mbits odd - but I would dearly like faster.

Can you get Virgin?

Andy

Yes, but under which tier can you get more u/l than that? I'm on the
100Mbs service and only get 5Mbs u/l
--
Pete

Old March 23rd 13, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

7 (for it is he) wrote:

I got 16 mbits odd - but I would dearly like faster

If you can get FTTC then you should be able to get FTTP On Demand when it
launches, the trial for which is ending imminently. There will a 330/30
product.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/...broadband.html

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
12:50:08 up 8 days, 4:46, 4 users, load average: 0.67, 0.72, 0.75

Old March 23rd 13, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 23/03/13 12:54, alexd wrote:
7 (for it is he) wrote:

I got 16 mbits odd - but I would dearly like faster

If you can get FTTC then you should be able to get FTTP On Demand when it
launches, the trial for which is ending imminently. There will a 330/30
product.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/...broadband.html

wouldn't it be great if the A part of ADSL meant adaptive,rather than
asymmetrical, and you could grab all the bandwidth for upload, or
download, depending on what you were doing...:0-(

Old March 23rd 13, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 23/03/13 12:54, alexd wrote:

If you can get FTTC then you should be able to get FTTP On Demand when it
launches [...] There will a 330/30 product.

That would be tempting if I never wanted to move house again.

wouldn't it be great if the A part of ADSL meant adaptive,rather than
asymmetrical, and you could grab all the bandwidth for upload, or
download, depending on what you were doing...:0-(

BT have even dropped annexe-M (where you 'permanently' trade some
downstream or more upstream) their explanation was "because we have FTTC
instead" despite having just admitted that only 4 out of 28 sites could
get FTTC by the end of this year.

Old March 23rd 13, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

alexd wrote:

I got 16 mbits odd - but I would dearly like faster

If you can get FTTC then you should be able to get FTTP On Demand when it
launches, the trial for which is ending imminently. There will a 330/30
product.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/...broadband.html

Thanks - will go for it (and anything else out worthwhile out there).

It takes me 4 hours to send an 8GB virtual disk image
to my company from home.

Personally, honestly, I think 'these old gesers'
in charge need to pull their fingers out and
go for 100 bit and better or miss out on fast paced IT
industry as it develops.

I am grateful for the 16mbit. It propelled me into another
era where I could post CDs to engineers in far off lands
in minutes and have a conversation about it within an hour.

So it is I bet with 100 mbit because then we can send
disk images and that speeds up software development
and it takes it all to a newer level.