Demon - A Dread Missive

Old March 24th 13, 06:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Denis McMahon

Default Demon - A Dread Missive

I received the following chill inspiring email this wintery morning:

-----

Following the acquisition of THUS Limited by Vodafone Group Plc in July
2012, we have been investing in our people, networks, systems and
processes to align our services and ensure a seamless transition to
Vodafone. Part of the integration programme is the transfer of all THUS
Limited customer agreements to Vodafone Limited and as such, your
agreement will transfer to Vodafone Limited (Company Number: 1471587 and
having its registered office at Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury,
Berkshire RG14 2FN) on 1st April 2013.

Your service will not be affected by this change and your current
agreement terms and conditions, charges and service levels will remain
the same. The only changes which you will see are as detailed below.

Changes to your invoices from 1st April 2013

What changes will I see? You will see the following changes on all
invoices issued on or after 1st April 2013;

- Your invoices will be rebranded as Vodafone. THUS and Demon logos will
be replaced with the Vodafone logo
- Our UK VAT number will change to GB 569 9532 77

Will this affect my service delivery or invoice payments? No. This change
does not affect your service delivery or invoice payments. Please
continue to pay your invoices as normal. Billing frequencies, bank
payment details and e-billing accounts will not change.

Will my e-billing service change? Our e-billing system will be rebranded
as Vodafone but password access and functionality will remain the same.
Users will notice a difference to the "look and feel" of the Vodafone log-
in screen so please notify your e-billing colleagues in advance.

Will my purchase orders be affected? Yes. Please raise purchase orders to
Vodafone Limited.

Will my billing representatives change? No. Your billing representatives
will remain the same and our support functions will continue to operate
as normal.

Will email addresses and contact details change? Emails sent to @thus.net
addresses will be forwarded to a corresponding Vodafone email address and
our contact numbers will remain the same. From 1st April our
representatives will answer calls as "Vodafone" or "Demon" and our email
signatures, voicemail greetings and recorded messages will change in line
with this.

What do I need to do? Please share this information with your teams and
update any internal systems that could be affected.

Need our help? If you have any questions or need further information,
please contact our Customer Services team on: [redacted]

-----

Given that every time so far that Demon or its parent has been subsumed
into a larger organisation, the quality of product and service has gone
downhill, I'm wondering if this will be the final death knell for the
brand.

I wonder what Cliff's up to these days.

--
Denis McMahon,
Old March 24th 13, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 06:52:49 +0000 (UTC), Denis McMahon
wrote:

Given that every time so far that Demon or its parent has been subsumed
into a larger organisation, the quality of product and service has gone
downhill, I'm wondering if this will be the final death knell for the
brand.

Have you not noticed that it's always thus ? Takeover,
livelihoods lost, service deteriorates; privatise a public
service, jobs lost, everything goes down the plughole ...
BT, railways, busses ...

--

:: Jim ::

I survived Thatcher )
Old March 25th 13, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

wrote:

Given that every time so far that Demon or its parent has been
subsumed
into a larger organisation, the quality of product and service
has gone
downhill, I'm wondering if this will be the final death knell
for the
brand.

Have you not noticed that it's always thus ? Takeover,
livelihoods lost, service deteriorates; privatise a public
service, jobs lost, everything goes down the plughole ...
BT, railways, busses ...

--

Thus? Pun intended?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old March 25th 13, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

In message , Jim
writes
wrote:

Given that every time so far that Demon or its parent has been subsumed
into a larger organisation, the quality of product and service has gone
downhill, I'm wondering if this will be the final death knell for the
brand.

Have you not noticed that it's always thus ? Takeover,
livelihoods lost, service deteriorates; privatise a public
service, jobs lost, everything goes down the plughole ...
BT, railways, busses ...

Take off those rose tinted spectacles.
How long did you used to wait for a telephone line under the Post
Office?
The railways are vastly better than under BR. Our buses will wait for
you as you run to catch them instead of closing the door in your face
and driving off.
And we haven't had a telephone service/train service/bus strike of any
significance for years.
--
bert
Old March 25th 13, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Champ

On 25/03/2013 16:41, bert wrote:
Take off those rose tinted spectacles.
How long did you used to wait for a telephone line under the Post Office?

Months. They said they'd run out of numbers. I was sure I could think of
some..

The railways are vastly better than under BR. Our buses will wait for
you as you run to catch them instead of closing the door in your face
and driving off.

Your buses may (I have no local bus service) but I had a train do
exactly that a few weeks back.

And we haven't had a telephone service/train service/bus strike of any
significance for years.

Andy
Old March 25th 13, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Boulding

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:41:12 +0000, bert ] wrote in
:

How long did you used to wait for a telephone line under the Post
Office?

Bloody ages. Of course, there was rapidly expanding demand in those days;
the lady who privatised the telephone system also caused a slump in new home
building, which continues to the present day.

And on the other hand, do remember the days when it was possible to report a
fault to a human being?

I venture to suggest, though, that we're not comparing like for like:
today's telephone system is largely a computer network.

The railways are vastly better than under BR.

If you can afford to use them. (And of course we won't mention the late and
unlamented Railtrack, which had to be stealth-renationalised after some
high-profile railway accidents that resulted from lousy track and signaling
maintenance.)

Our buses will wait for
you as you run to catch them instead of closing the door in your face
and driving off.

If you live in an area that still has plenty of buses.

And we haven't had a telephone service/train service/bus strike of any
significance for years.

Of course not. Getting rid of strikes is easy--if somewhat expensive in
benefit costs: just create a sizeable permanent pool of unemployed and
ensure its continuance by importing plenty of cheap labour from abroad.

--
Regards, Peter Boulding
(to e-mail, remove "UNSPAM")
Old March 26th 13, 02:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 25/03/13 16:41, bert wrote:
In message , Jim
writes
wrote:

Given that every time so far that Demon or its parent has been subsumed
into a larger organisation, the quality of product and service has gone
downhill, I'm wondering if this will be the final death knell for the
brand.

Have you not noticed that it's always thus ? Takeover,
livelihoods lost, service deteriorates; privatise a public
service, jobs lost, everything goes down the plughole ...
BT, railways, busses ...

Take off those rose tinted spectacles.
How long did you used to wait for a telephone line under the Post Office?

IIRC it s 18 months and that was a party line.

The railways are vastly better than under BR. Our buses will wait for
you as you run to catch them instead of closing the door in your face
and driving off.

doors on buses -= do they have doors now? next thing you will tell me
they have heaters too.

And we haven't had a telephone service/train service/bus strike of any
significance for years.

Except on London transport underground where red bob crowe and his
cronies argue that 50k a year to sit in a train all day and put the
brakes on where its marked on the tunnel is so demanding that only
the most highly skilled simians are capable of it.

IIRC that isn't privately owned of course.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old March 26th 13, 02:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

If you live in an area that still has plenty of buses.

I saw a bus today.

I see more buzzards than buses.

Old March 26th 13, 05:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

bert wrote:
In message , Jim
writes
wrote:

Given that every time so far that Demon or its parent has been
subsumed into a larger organisation, the quality of product and
service has gone downhill, I'm wondering if this will be the final
death knell for the brand.

Have you not noticed that it's always thus ? Takeover,
livelihoods lost, service deteriorates; privatise a public
service, jobs lost, everything goes down the plughole ...
BT, railways, busses ...

Take off those rose tinted spectacles.
How long did you used to wait for a telephone line under the Post
Office?

Worse at that time in most other countries, i remember Southern Spain
in 1978 nearest public phone box was a converted toilet shed 5 miles away.

BT simply took advantage of the worlds change in telecoms

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

Old March 26th 13, 05:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 25/03/13 16:41, bert wrote:
In message , Jim
writes
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 06:52:49 +0000 (UTC), Denis McMahon
wrote:

snip
Except on London transport underground where red bob crowe and his
cronies argue that 50k a year to sit in a train all day and put the
brakes on where its marked on the tunnel is so demanding that only
the most highly skilled simians are capable of it.
IIRC that isn't privately owned of course.

Here in Potters Bar TFL buses meet Hertfordshire Uno and Sullivan buses

http://www.pottersbar.org/buses.htm

TFL Buses run 7 days a week from early morning till midnight with Oyster
card.

Hertfordshire Buses maybe 8am to 6pm weekday and sod all weekend service
with cash payments slowing and screwing any pretence of a schedule

Steve Terry