A free year from o2.

Old March 26th 13, 12:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

Default A free year from o2.

I phoned o2 who had sent me a confused text that next month my
broadband package price was seemingly being increased when my annual
agreement expires on April 13th.
After some chat I suggested that it was time for me to switch back to BT
to get higher speed fibre optic and a hundred pound Sainsbury's voucher.
He said that he would put me through to the retention centre. After some
conversation he said that as I have been with them since 2008 I can have
my broadband free for a year. Obviously they can't afford to lose any
subscribers when they are selling their Broadband business to Sky.
Derek.
Old March 26th 13, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Derek F" wrote in message ...

I phoned o2 who had sent me a confused text that next month my
broadband package price was seemingly being increased when my annual
agreement expires on April 13th.
After some chat I suggested that it was time for me to switch back to BT
to get higher speed fibre optic and a hundred pound Sainsbury's voucher.
He said that he would put me through to the retention centre. After some
conversation he said that as I have been with them since 2008 I can have
my broadband free for a year. Obviously they can't afford to lose any
subscribers when they are selling their Broadband business to Sky.
Derek.

*****

If you refer to the Be Users Forum I think you will find the offer is in
fact half price broadband for a 1 year contract.
I'm on my second year at half price, phone and line rental is still normal
price.
Looks as many people with or without the 12 month contract are getting out
fast and going for a Fibre ISP right now such as BT or Plusnet, many think
Plusnet the best option.
Regards
David

Old March 26th 13, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

On 26/03/2013 13:10, David wrote:

"Derek F" wrote in message ...

[...]

Others getting the same:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1266379
Perhaps I should get them to confirm that I am still on Home Broadband
Premium.
Derek
Old March 26th 13, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

On 26/03/2013 00:45, Derek F wrote:
I phoned o2 who had sent me a confused text that next month my
broadband package price was seemingly being increased when my annual
agreement expires on April 13th.
After some chat I suggested that it was time for me to switch back to BT
to get higher speed fibre optic and a hundred pound Sainsbury's voucher.
He said that he would put me through to the retention centre. After some
conversation he said that as I have been with them since 2008 I can have
my broadband free for a year. Obviously they can't afford to lose any
subscribers when they are selling their Broadband business to Sky.
Derek.

New Terms and Conditions for ex Be/O2 subscribers 2013.

"Whereas in so far as practicable, employees of News International and
associated conglomerate companies, including those with similar business
priniciples currently enjoying or offering contracts, will fortake
complete due diligence in securely recording, for training and
enterprise developments, all packets of any communication and store for
evermore in eternity in a special high security double rot-13 encrypted
virtual container.

"You agree that this action subsidises the true cost of your internet
service, but if you want to upgrade to premier triple rot-13 encryption
please contact customer services who will adjust billing accordingly and
record your call for quality entertainment and training purposes.

--
Not Me

Old March 27th 13, 08:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Derek F" wrote in message ...

Others getting the same:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1266379
Perhaps I should get them to confirm that I am still on Home Broadband
Premium.
Derek

*****

That like takes me back to 2008 !
Regards
David
Old March 27th 13, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 20:47:52 +0000, Adrian C
wrote:

New Terms and Conditions for ex Be/O2 subscribers 2013.

"Whereas in so far as practicable, employees of News International and
associated conglomerate companies, including those with similar business
priniciples currently enjoying or offering contracts, will fortake
complete due diligence in securely recording, for training and
enterprise developments, all packets of any communication and store for
evermore in eternity in a special high security double rot-13 encrypted
virtual container.

Is that word "fortake" really there? If that's a typo I can't think
what it might be, and it's not in my edition of the OED. I wonder what
is the legal meaning of a clause in a document that contains words
that are not in the dictionary, as it would be unreasonable to try to
hold anybody to terms that cannot be understood.

Rod.

Old March 27th 13, 09:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown

wrote:

New Terms and Conditions for ex Be/O2 subscribers 2013.

"Whereas in so far as practicable, employees of News International and
associated conglomerate companies, including those with similar business
priniciples currently enjoying or offering contracts, will fortake
complete due diligence in securely recording, for training and
enterprise developments, all packets of any communication and store for
evermore in eternity in a special high security double rot-13 encrypted
virtual container.

Err... Isn't double ROT-13 encrypted plaintext!

Is this an early April Fools?

Old March 27th 13, 09:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

New Terms and Conditions for ex Be/O2 subscribers 2013.

"Whereas in so far as practicable, employees of News International and
associated conglomerate companies, including those with similar business
priniciples currently enjoying or offering contracts, will fortake
complete due diligence in securely recording, for training and
enterprise developments, all packets of any communication and store for
evermore in eternity in a special high security double rot-13 encrypted
virtual container.

Is that word "fortake" really there? If that's a typo I can't think
what it might be, and it's not in my edition of the OED. I wonder what
is the legal meaning of a clause in a document that contains words
that are not in the dictionary, as it would be unreasonable to try to
hold anybody to terms that cannot be understood.

Rod.

try foretake

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old March 27th 13, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

"Derek F" wrote in message ...

Others getting the same:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1266379
Perhaps I should get them to confirm that I am still on Home Broadband
Premium.
Derek

*****

That like takes me back to 2008 !
Regards
David

So I noticed when I tried to respond to the thread and was told that it
was closed. It does though show you how long they have been desperate to
retain customers. I only have broadband with o2 as my landline is with
BT and I have a PAYG mobile.
A newer link:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/show...-New-Contracts

I can confirm that their e-Mail did say that I am still on Home
Broadband Premium.
Derek