O2 (Sky) broadband - a solution?

Old April 5th 13, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Default O2 (Sky) broadband - a solution?

Like a lot of people here , I was saddened to learn about O2 Home
Broadband being sold off to Sky. However, their Business broadband
isn't. So why not move over to that and stay with O2?

I already have a two SIM Business contract with O2 (Business Share 500)
as it worked out cheaper for my phone requirements than a domestic
solution. I tend to buy my own phones, currently using a Google Nexus 1.

If I move my broadband and phone to O2 business then I can get the lot
for 37.84 (44.80) Need to check that the 250 free minutes landline
will work for me as I currently have BT Anytime.

Current costs are (approximately):
O2 BB Home 9.50
O2 SIMS's 23.00
BT 22.00

which is approximately 54.50

Seems a no brainer or have I missed something?
Old April 5th 13, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Benham

On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:50:11 +0100, Rob wrote:

Like a lot of people here , I was saddened to learn about O2 Home
Broadband being sold off to Sky. However, their Business broadband
isn't. So why not move over to that and stay with O2?

I already have a two SIM Business contract with O2 (Business Share 500)
as it worked out cheaper for my phone requirements than a domestic
solution. I tend to buy my own phones, currently using a Google Nexus 1.

If I move my broadband and phone to O2 business then I can get the lot
for 37.84 (44.80) Need to check that the 250 free minutes landline
will work for me as I currently have BT Anytime.

Current costs are (approximately):
O2 BB Home 9.50 O2 SIMS's 23.00 BT 22.00

which is approximately 54.50

Seems a no brainer or have I missed something?

The official BE response to the question "What happens to BE / O2
Wholesale customers?" is:

"O2 Wholesale and O2 Business customers are being retained by O2 and we
will be looking at alternative network options for them over the coming
months."

So if you switched to O2 Business, or a wholesaler (A&A, Xilo, ....) then
you'll get migrated to another provider at some point. In the future, BE
won't exist and O2 won't have a broadband network. So it might buy you
some more time, but isn't a long-term solution.