Residential Or Business

Old April 11th 13, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Residential Or Business

Im a home user, but suffer from hugh latency isuues between 4.30 and
12PM.

If I had a business line with a lower contention ratio would my
broaband improve by more than the difference between the two
contention ratios as not many businesses download films at night ?

Would business broadband as an alternative do it.

Chris
Old April 12th 13, 12:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 12/04/13 00:03, 7 wrote:
wrote:

Im a home user, but suffer from hugh latency isuues between 4.30 and
12PM.

If I had a business line with a lower contention ratio would my
broaband improve by more than the difference between the two
contention ratios as not many businesses download films at night ?

Would business broadband as an alternative do it.

Chris

Not much info to go on, but yes a lower contention ratio
would help - but may be the servers you are accessing are slow
because millions are using the save servers?

BT infinity is massive speed if you have it in your area.

I vaguely heard a TV ad today 'unlimited calls and broadband only 3.50
a month!!

(plus line rental at 14).

well I pay just 8.50 for line rental...
And for low overall usage I could get an uncongested service for 9 as
well.

Strikes me, people are buying from the wrong places.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Old April 13th 13, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

wrote in message
Im a home user, but suffer from hugh latency isuues between 4.30 and
12PM.

If I had a business line with a lower contention ratio would my
broaband improve by more than the difference between the two
contention ratios as not many businesses download films at night ?

Would business broadband as an alternative do it.

Chris

I have had both and there is not much difference.