@gmail.com has hijacked my outlook email

Old April 20th 13, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default @gmail.com has hijacked my outlook email

"Nitram " wrote in message

Hi
I signed up for a @gmail.com email address yesterday & it asked me if
it would import contacts from my Outlook email contacts.
I said yes & now I'm not getting any email in Outlook.

Anyone know how to fix this so I can get my Outlook email back please?
--
Nitram

******

I have Gmail and Windows Live Mail ( the latest form of Outlook Express.)
Open you gmail account - Settings- Forwarding pop/IMAP, and set that up.
I use IMAP and think it very good, it keeps what I have in the PC the same
as on gmail. EG. If I delete an item in WLM it deletes it too on gmail.
Regards
David

Old June 14th 13, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 12:27:45 +0100
"David" wrote:

"Nitram " wrote in message

Hi
I signed up for a @gmail.com email address yesterday & it asked me if
it would import contacts from my Outlook email contacts.
I said yes & now I'm not getting any email in Outlook.

Anyone know how to fix this so I can get my Outlook email back please?

A perfect example of Windows Live Mail rendering a Reply to a previous
post 'backwards', ie the original message is shown in a standard
newsreader in normal type density, and the reply portion is shown
faded, and a further reply loses it completely!
My best asdvice is to ditch Windows Live Mail, and in fact Windows,
completely.
--
Davey.