A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

BT Plans



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 24th 13, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 585
Default BT Plans

I see in a magazine a full-page advert for BT "Fibre for Business",
saying how wonderful it is, and how much everybody loves it. There are
several internet-using businesses in my area.
Checking on the BT Openreach website, my Postcode is listed as: "No
Plans for connection to Fibre".
But I was given the opportunity to Register my Interest.

Wow!, as they say. The countdown starts today.......................

--
Davey.
  #2  
Old April 24th 13, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 797
Default BT Plans

In article ,
Davey wrote:
I see in a magazine a full-page advert for BT "Fibre for Business",
saying how wonderful it is, and how much everybody loves it. There are
several internet-using businesses in my area.
Checking on the BT Openreach website, my Postcode is listed as: "No
Plans for connection to Fibre".
But I was given the opportunity to Register my Interest.

Wow!, as they say. The countdown starts today.......................


You, and anyone else can get fibre tomorrow if you want to pay for
it. It's called a leased line. It's not the oversold consumer product
called "broadband" though. Most leased lines have no contention, no caps,
no filtering, etc. they're also symetrical.

And reassuringly expensive.

But you can get it (well order it) tomorrow if you desire.
(Not not just from BT either - there are 100's of ISPs who'll sell
you leased line services)

Gordon
  #3  
Old April 24th 13, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 585
Default BT Plans

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 11:35:27 +0000 (UTC)
Gordon Henderson wrote:

In article ,
Davey wrote:
I see in a magazine a full-page advert for BT "Fibre for Business",
saying how wonderful it is, and how much everybody loves it. There
are several internet-using businesses in my area.
Checking on the BT Openreach website, my Postcode is listed as: "No
Plans for connection to Fibre".
But I was given the opportunity to Register my Interest.

Wow!, as they say. The countdown starts today.......................


You, and anyone else can get fibre tomorrow if you want to pay for
it. It's called a leased line. It's not the oversold consumer product
called "broadband" though. Most leased lines have no contention, no
caps, no filtering, etc. they're also symetrical.

And reassuringly expensive.

But you can get it (well order it) tomorrow if you desire.
(Not not just from BT either - there are 100's of ISPs who'll sell
you leased line services)

Gordon


But they are not advertising it nationally as though it's available to
me at 1.15 per day, and just requires me to pick up the 'phone and call
them for it to happen, which is what the BT advert. is all about.
--
Davey.

  #4  
Old April 24th 13, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Champ
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 187
Default BT Plans

On 24/04/2013 13:00, Davey wrote:
But they are not advertising it nationally as though it's available to
me at 1.15 per day, and just requires me to pick up the 'phone and call
them for it to happen, which is what the BT advert. is all about.


That's a similar price to FTTC when you include the line rental...

Andy
  #5  
Old April 24th 13, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cummins
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9
Default BT Plans

In article , (Gordon
Henderson) wrote:


And reassuringly expensive.


A company I am working with has been quoted 3200 for a 10MB MPLS fibre
service, for 12 months.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

---- If it's below this line, I didn't write it ----
  #6  
Old April 24th 13, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,765
Default BT Plans

Paul Cummins (for it is he) wrote:

A company I am working with has been quoted 3200 for a 10MB MPLS fibre
service, for 12 months.


A price for a single MPLS connection makes about as much sense as a price
for one shoe.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:55:19 up 40 days, 11:51, 5 users, load average: 0.54, 0.29, 0.24
Qua illic est reprehendit, illic est a vindicatum

  #7  
Old April 24th 13, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,539
Default BT Plans

It happens that alexd formulated :
Paul Cummins (for it is he) wrote:

A company I am working with has been quoted 3200 for a 10MB MPLS fibre
service, for 12 months.


A price for a single MPLS connection makes about as much sense as a price
for one shoe.


Not if you've got some more already (or only one foot, of course)


  #9  
Old April 25th 13, 01:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 876
Default BT Plans

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 22:34:36 +0100, Jono
wrote:

It happens that alexd formulated :
Paul Cummins (for it is he) wrote:

A company I am working with has been quoted 3200 for a 10MB MPLS fibre
service, for 12 months.


A price for a single MPLS connection makes about as much sense as a price
for one shoe.


Not if you've got some more already (or only one foot, of course)


My daughter used to manage a shoe department, and she tells me the
single shoes on display still got stolen.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
numbers plans willemijns uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 2 September 8th 12 11:42 AM
Dialing Plans For A SPA 3102 Port Admiral Haynes uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 2 March 9th 07 09:39 PM
Plus.net's New plans, who is looking elsewhere. uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 1 February 21st 05 09:24 PM
Plus.net's New plans, who is looking elsewhere. Dave M uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 48 February 20th 05 11:00 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.