Be Unlimited name changed today.

Old May 1st 13, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Be Unlimited name changed today.

Be Unlimited is now "Sky Home Communications Limited" I received an e-mail
from Be today, an "Hello" is going to be sent to me from Sky.
Regards
David

Old May 1st 13, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Leverton

In article , David wrote:
Be Unlimited is now "Sky Home Communications Limited" I received an e-mail
from Be today, an "Hello" is going to be sent to me from Sky.

I got that email too, it reminded me to give notice and apply for my
MAC ! The customer chappie did offer a year's half-price contract but
it's not even remotely tempting.

Nick
Old May 1st 13, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Nick Leverton" wrote in message ...

In article , David wrote:
Be Unlimited is now "Sky Home Communications Limited" I received an e-mail
from Be today, an "Hello" is going to be sent to me from Sky.

I got that email too, it reminded me to give notice and apply for my
MAC ! The customer chappie did offer a year's half-price contract but
it's not even remotely tempting.

****

Been on that 2 years this coming November/December so will probably be the
time of actual equipment transfer on to Sky's.
I have saved a lot of money so far so happy about past and present. For
future will see how I get on speed and reliability wise on Sky equipment,
really I'm not happy to go to BT or Plusnet either.
Regards
David

Old May 1st 13, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick B.

Nick Leverton wrote:
In article , David wrote:
Be Unlimited is now "Sky Home Communications Limited" I received an e-mail
from Be today, an "Hello" is going to be sent to me from Sky.

I got that email too, it reminded me to give notice and apply for my
MAC ! The customer chappie did offer a year's half-price contract but
it's not even remotely tempting.

Interested to know what is the easiest way to get out if you have LLU? I
have (ex)O2 Home Phone. Loss of the phone number isn't an issue but I'd
prefer minimal disruption if I move over to BT21CN.

--
Nick B.

Old May 1st 13, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Wed, 1 May 2013 17:29:00 +0000 (UTC), Nick Leverton
wrote:

In article , David wrote:
Be Unlimited is now "Sky Home Communications Limited" I received an e-mail
from Be today, an "Hello" is going to be sent to me from Sky.

I got that email too, it reminded me to give notice and apply for my
MAC ! The customer chappie did offer a year's half-price contract but
it's not even remotely tempting.

Nick

It's all a bit ominous and this page is very telling
https://help.bethere.co.uk/help/support/asky/

They have already withdrawn line bonding and multi static IPs from
sale. It's not clear if those with those services will be able to keep
them.

I am not holding my breath about Sky continuing to allow users manage
their own DLM profiles although they suggest they are considering
doing so.

BE use slightly nonstandard settings, bridge mode, and VCI=101, if
that, changes it will create a lot of support tickets.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old May 2nd 13, 08:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

From Sky web site.
http://www.sky.com/shop/welcome/home/
Regards
David
Old May 2nd 13, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"David" wrote in message
Be Unlimited is now "Sky Home Communications Limited" I received an e-mail
from Be today, an "Hello" is going to be sent to me from Sky.
Regards
David

Unlucky you. There is a clue "unlimted" = 'limited'.

Old May 2nd 13, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert Moss-Eccardt

David wrote:

From Sky web site.
http://www.sky.com/shop/welcome/home/
Regards
David

I can see lots of fun for OfCom coming up.

Many of us clearly go with Be for some of the 'special' feature such as
Static IP, being able to tweak the SnR Margin ourselves, being able to
switch 'gaming mode' on and off etc.

I don't see how Sky Home Comms will be able to keep that all going if
they want to amalgamate the OSS/BSS stacks.

The ominous words about giving us one month's notice of Ts and Cs
changing suggests they definitely have plans to change stuff.

If the unique features are lost, I would claim that the contract has
significantly changed and ask for my MAC as the contract stops there.
OfCom may need to have these things explained to them as I am concerned
that they might see broadband as the thing being procured and not look
at the actual features.

Old May 3rd 13, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

R. Mark Clayton wrote ...

"David" wrote in message
Be Unlimited is now "Sky Home Communications Limited" I received an e-mail
from Be today, an "Hello" is going to be sent to me from Sky.
Regards
David

Unlucky you. There is a clue "unlimted" = 'limited'.

Sky is unlimited. I have never had a problem with usage. My speed
seldom alters from what I had when I first signed up with them.

Old May 3rd 13, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Timmy" wrote in message ...

R. Mark Clayton wrote ...

"David" wrote in message
Be Unlimited is now "Sky Home Communications Limited" I received an
e-mail
from Be today, an "Hello" is going to be sent to me from Sky.
Regards
David

Unlucky you. There is a clue "unlimted" = 'limited'.

Sky is unlimited. I have never had a problem with usage. My speed
seldom alters from what I had when I first signed up with them.

******

Good to hear they do not vary the speed. Thing is that the speed will be
slower than Be give, I get 13 Mbps on Be. When I go to Sky they estimate
my speed to be between 5.0 to 11.4 Mbps with a rider it will probably be a
little slower than that.
Regards
David