BT Sport

Old May 9th 13, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

Default BT Sport

BT Broadband users will get BT Sport for free - saving 12 a month on
what Sky customers will have to pay.

Sounds good, but if you don't want BT Sport, I'd reckon they were
overcharging for their broadband to subsidise their tv offerings.

Gawd knows if BT have the backbone available to keep BT Sport running on
broadband, going on their past problems - ie they're ****e.

Old May 9th 13, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 09/05/2013 12:48, Timmy wrote:

BT Broadband users will get BT Sport for free - saving 12 a month on
what Sky customers will have to pay.

Sounds good, but if you don't want BT Sport, I'd reckon they were
overcharging for their broadband to subsidise their tv offerings.

Gawd knows if BT have the backbone available to keep BT Sport running on
broadband, going on their past problems - ie they're ****e.

Worth considering the fact that a lot of the content will probably be
delivered via multicast. Reading the press release they're also planning
to offer it via satellite too.

Old May 9th 13, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

Plusnet Support Team wrote ...

On 09/05/2013 12:48, Timmy wrote:

BT Broadband users will get BT Sport for free - saving 12 a month on
what Sky customers will have to pay.

Sounds good, but if you don't want BT Sport, I'd reckon they were
overcharging for their broadband to subsidise their tv offerings.

Gawd knows if BT have the backbone available to keep BT Sport running on
broadband, going on their past problems - ie they're ****e.

Worth considering the fact that a lot of the content will probably be
delivered via multicast. Reading the press release they're also planning
to offer it via satellite too.

The BT Sport content is not worth 12 a month. Nothing would drag me
back with BT. ****e reliability, ****e customer service, ****e pricing,
****e across the board.

Instead of branching out into broadcasting, they should do some work
getting their main product fit for purpose and available at a
competitive price. Jeez, they don't even have a BT mobile service,
which is where communications is heading. What kind of management ****s
up like that ?

Old May 9th 13, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

Plusnet Support Team wrote:
Worth considering the fact that a lot of the content will probably be
delivered via multicast.

Multicast is actually going to be used by a commercial ISP? That's news,
isn't it?

Chris
Old May 9th 13, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Chris Davies (for it is he) wrote:

Multicast is actually going to be used by a commercial ISP? That's news,
isn't it?

Well, one of the few ISPs that owns the physical network. Makes sense.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:08:26 up 6 days, 20:37, 7 users, load average: 0.70, 0.80, 1.18

Old May 9th 13, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Timmy (for it is he) wrote:

f you don't want BT Sport, I'd reckon they were
overcharging for their broadband to subsidise their tv offerings.

You have to wonder though, Talktalk have lodged an official complaint
basically saying that BT Retail aren't charging enough.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:09:48 up 6 days, 20:39, 7 users, load average: 0.73, 0.80, 1.14

Old May 9th 13, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 09/05/2013 19:11, alexd wrote:
Timmy (for it is he) wrote:

f you don't want BT Sport, I'd reckon they were
overcharging for their broadband to subsidise their tv offerings.

You have to wonder though, Talktalk have lodged an official complaint
basically saying that BT Retail aren't charging enough.

To paraphrase the great Mandy RIce-Davies, they would, wouldn't they...
:-)

George