O2 early termination fee if MAC is used within 7 days of receiving it???

Old May 9th 13, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
postmaster @ stejonda

Default O2 early termination fee if MAC is used within 7 days of receiving it???

I've just been told by a Sky / O2 droid that O2 charge an early
termination fee if MAC is used within 7 days of receiving it. I've never
been told this before. Has anyone else heard this?

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.
Old May 9th 13, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Benham

On Thu, 09 May 2013 15:26:49 +0100, postmaster @ stejonda wrote:

I've just been told by a Sky / O2 droid that O2 charge an early
termination fee if MAC is used within 7 days of receiving it. I've never
been told this before. Has anyone else heard this?

Page 1 of

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/broa...ome-broadband-
terms-and-conditions.pdf

states:

"""
2. Your Minimum Period - Your Agreement has a minimum contract term
called a minimum period. After that minimum period, you can end the
Agreement by giving us 7 days notice. If you want to end the Agreement
during the minimum period then you'll have to pay a termination fee.
Details of how we calculate the fee are on our Website. Details about the
minimum period are in paragraph 8 of the Agreement.
"""

I know that sister company BE don't regard requesting a MAC as giving
them notice that you're leaving. O2 may differ, but it seems you need to
give O2 at least 7 days notice to avoid a termination fee.
Old May 9th 13, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

On Thu, 9 May 2013 15:26:49 +0100, "postmaster @ stejonda"
wrote:

I've just been told by a Sky / O2 droid that O2 charge an early
termination fee if MAC is used within 7 days of receiving it. I've never
been told this before. Has anyone else heard this?

How would they know?

Steve

Old May 9th 13, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
postmaster @ stejonda

In message , Andrew Benham
writes
[...]

Ahh, odd but thanks. It puzzled me that O2 did not mention this when I
requested my MAC a month ago (and carelessly let it lapse) but that the
Sky/O2 person did today.

I know that sister company BE don't regard requesting a MAC as giving
them notice that you're leaving. O2 may differ, but it seems you need to
give O2 at least 7 days notice to avoid a termination fee.

The Sky/O2 bod implied that it was 7 days from the requesting of the
MAC.

Old May 9th 13, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
postmaster @ stejonda

In message , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes
wrote:

I've just been told by a Sky / O2 droid that O2 charge an early
termination fee if MAC is used within 7 days of receiving it. I've never
been told this before. Has anyone else heard this?

How would they know?

Presumably if they were presented with it by the new ISP within 7 days.
It's Ok though. Plusnet are happy to play the 7 day waiting game.

Old May 10th 13, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 09/05/2013 18:26, postmaster @ stejonda wrote:
In message , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes
wrote:

I've just been told by a Sky / O2 droid that O2 charge an early
termination fee if MAC is used within 7 days of receiving it. I've never
been told this before. Has anyone else heard this?

How would they know?

Presumably if they were presented with it by the new ISP within 7 days.
It's Ok though. Plusnet are happy to play the 7 day waiting game.

When we place a migration order, we'll set the required date a week or
so in the future anyway.

O2 won't receive notification of the outbound migration until it's complete.

Old May 10th 13, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
postmaster @ stejonda

In message , Plusnet
Support Team writes
wrote:

I've just been told by a Sky / O2 droid that O2 charge an early
termination fee if MAC is used within 7 days of receiving it. I've never
been told this before. Has anyone else heard this?

How would they know?

Presumably if they were presented with it by the new ISP within 7 days.
It's Ok though. Plusnet are happy to play the 7 day waiting game.

When we place a migration order, we'll set the required date a week or
so in the future anyway.

O2 won't receive notification of the outbound migration until it's complete.

Thanks Bob. So I can respond to the text immediately then?

Old May 10th 13, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 10/05/2013 16:35, postmaster @ stejonda wrote:
In message , Plusnet
Support Team writes
wrote:

I've just been told by a Sky / O2 droid that O2 charge an early
termination fee if MAC is used within 7 days of receiving it. I've
never
been told this before. Has anyone else heard this?

How would they know?

Presumably if they were presented with it by the new ISP within 7 days.
It's Ok though. Plusnet are happy to play the 7 day waiting game.

When we place a migration order, we'll set the required date a week or
so in the future anyway.

O2 won't receive notification of the outbound migration until it's
complete.

Thanks Bob. So I can respond to the text immediately then?

Don't see why not.

Old May 10th 13, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
postmaster @ stejonda

In message , Plusnet
Support Team writes
wrote:

I've just been told by a Sky / O2 droid that O2 charge an early
termination fee if MAC is used within 7 days of receiving it. I've
never
been told this before. Has anyone else heard this?

When we place a migration order, we'll set the required date a week or
so in the future anyway.

O2 won't receive notification of the outbound migration until it's
complete.

Thanks Bob. So I can respond to the text immediately then?

Don't see why not.

Hmmm, MAC wasn't accepted by text and your systems have let me know in
10 identical texts so far - received in batches a few minutes apart.

MAC accepted immediately via www.plus.net/mac though.

Hope I don't keep receiving these multiple texts!

Old May 10th 13, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
postmaster @ stejonda

In message , "postmaster @ stejonda"
writes
Hmmm, MAC wasn't accepted by text and your systems have let me know in
10 identical texts so far - received in batches a few minutes apart.

MAC accepted immediately via www.plus.net/mac though.

Hope I don't keep receiving these multiple texts!

I have just received the 28th identical pointless text. I am becoming
less than impressed!