OT - alternatives to Google Apps

Old May 13th 13, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob

Default OT - alternatives to Google Apps

With the demise of the free Google Apps accounts for people with fewer than
10 email accounts, I'm looking around for alternatives and I'd be interested
in any opinions (good or bad) on whether there's a good, free/low cost
option for someone who needs POP and IMAP accounts for 6 email addresses and
forwarding for a further 5.

Thanks in advance.

Old May 13th 13, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

On Mon, 13 May 2013 10:31:05 +0100, "Bob" wrote:

With the demise of the free Google Apps accounts
for people with fewer than 10 email accounts,

Eh? This is the first I've heard of this. Do you really mean ...

https://developers.google.com/appengine/

.... is going? They've only just forced us all to upgrade our apps!
Link?

I'm looking around for alternatives and I'd be interested
in any opinions (good or bad) on whether there's a good, free/low cost
option for someone who needs POP and IMAP accounts for 6 email addresses and
forwarding for a further 5.

Sounds to me as though this isn't what I call Google Apps, but perhaps
the OP or A N Other will clarify.
Old May 13th 13, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob

Google ceased offering the free "under 10 email accounts" Google Apps
account a few months ago, although existing users are, apparently, still
able to use their service if they have already signed up. New sign-ups for
the free service are not available.

Old May 13th 13, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Java Jive wrote:

On Mon, 13 May 2013 10:31:05 +0100, "Bob" wrote:

With the demise of the free Google Apps accounts
for people with fewer than 10 email accounts,

Eh? This is the first I've heard of this. Do you really mean ...

https://developers.google.com/appengine/
... is going?

no.

Sounds to me as though this isn't what I call Google Apps, but perhaps
the OP or A N other will clarify.

What went a few month back was the "google apps for business" offering
(gmail/online wordprocessor/spreadsheet/cloud storage/calendar etc)
which used to be free for up to 10 users, I think it still is for
signed-up account just can't get it if you haven't already/
Old May 14th 13, 01:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Thanks for the clarification, Andy.

As it happens, I'm doing some work with Google AppEngine right now,
and wouldn't have been amused to find that I was about to lose the
facility.