Samsung gets ready for 5G roll out

Old May 13th 13, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Default Samsung gets ready for 5G roll out

Samsung gets ready for 5G roll out
----------------------------------

http://www.gizmag.com/samsung-5g/27480/

Sadly foot dragging by MBAs (read non-techies) that run
UK telecom business and regulators have hardly got their
finger out on behaf of us and begun 4G roll out.

Because they are so far behind, the world has moved on to 5G
roll out.

Their R&D indicates using lots of antenna (64 so far) and pico cells
of 2km can deliver 1gbit services to mobiles and usher
in a new era of mobile broadband.

So where to now for the failed MBA's that run UK telecoms
businesses and failed MBAs is regulatory bodies that support
them and not the user's and their interests?

Obviously they need to ring up the trolling companies
to protect them from the truth and reality by throwing
a reality distortion field around their out dated 4G roll out.
Then they need to contact politician and rope them into
helping them out with astronomical red tape and
and charges to make sure users never see 5G.
Fake survey companies like EEdelman will be out in force
taking surveys, delete all normal data and report on outliers
proving that no one wants or cares about 5G.

Educashun has failed our MBAs (read non-techies).
Concepts like picking up the phone, ringing up Samsung and
immediatly ordering up equipment for 5G trials, contacting
politician to clear the way to take down 3G and replace them
with 5G masts, send advertorials to users to inform
of 5G and its benefits as a way of preparing users
and businesses to switch over to 5G en-masse is out of the
question for failed MBAs to put the users and their
well being, and industrial infrastructure first.

Old May 13th 13, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

7 (for it is he) wrote:

Their R&D indicates using lots of antenna (64 so far) and pico cells
of 2km can deliver 1gbit services

2km is a picocell? Are you sure about that?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:52:26 up 10 days, 22:21, 7 users, load average: 0.84, 0.86, 0.95

Old May 13th 13, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew MacPherson

[email protected] com (7) wrote:

Samsung gets ready for 5G roll out

I don't want 5G or even 10G, I want very cheap 3G! Or a package with no free
minutes and a gig of data a month for a fiver or less. :-)

Or even an O2 deal which would let me use the heap of broadband-related credit I
have on my PAYG phone for net access.

Still, I'm sure those who live a wireless life will appreciate the onward march of
technology.

Andrew McP
Old May 14th 13, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Mon, 13 May 2013 20:24:16 +0100, 7
[email protected] .com wrote:
[...]

Educashun has failed our MBAs (read non-techies).
Concepts like picking up the phone, ringing up Samsung and
immediatly ordering up equipment for 5G trials, contacting
politician to clear the way to take down 3G and replace them
with 5G masts, send advertorials to users to inform
of 5G and its benefits as a way of preparing users
and businesses to switch over to 5G en-masse is out of the
question for failed MBAs to put the users and their
well being, and industrial infrastructure first.

I was with you until you started talking about taking down existing
services and switching over en masse, as this would presumably require
everybody to buy a new phone, discarding the perfectly usable ones
they already have. I think there might just be a tiny bit of
opposition to this if it were tried.

Rod.
Old May 14th 13, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

alexd wrote:

7 (for it is he) wrote:

Their R&D indicates using lots of antenna (64 so far) and pico cells
of 2km can deliver 1gbit services

2km is a picocell? Are you sure about that?

up to 2km - but built up areas a lot less with mm wave transmitters.

Old May 14th 13, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Andrew MacPherson wrote:

Samsung gets ready for 5G roll out

I don't want 5G or even 10G, I want very cheap 3G!

The two requests are not compatible.

There is not enough bandwidth in 3G to give you cheap 3G.
Ditch 3G and go to 5G - plenty bandwidth and lower
costs.

Or a package with no
free minutes and a gig of data a month for a fiver or less. :-)

Or even an O2 deal which would let me use the heap of broadband-related
credit I have on my PAYG phone for net access.

Still, I'm sure those who live a wireless life will appreciate the onward
march of technology.

Unless you are an MBA and educashun has failed you and you end up
running telecom companies and regulator bodies against the interests
of users like you.

I bet even now the phone coversations are all about how to price
up 5G at 3G data bit rates instead of pricing it up
at lowest cost as you the users demand.

The lowest cost is single chip or FPGA solution that does
everything in on small suitcase sized box.

I'm afraid educashun has failed the MBAs in charge to know
what all that means.

Andrew McP

Old May 14th 13, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Roderick Stewart wrote:

Educashun has failed our MBAs (read non-techies).
Concepts like picking up the phone, ringing up Samsung and
immediatly ordering up equipment for 5G trials, contacting
politician to clear the way to take down 3G and replace them
with 5G masts, send advertorials to users to inform
of 5G and its benefits as a way of preparing users
and businesses to switch over to 5G en-masse is out of the
question for failed MBAs to put the users and their
well being, and industrial infrastructure first.

I was with you until you started talking about taking down existing
services and switching over en masse, as this would presumably require
everybody to buy a new phone, discarding the perfectly usable ones

You are out dated.

The suggestion assumes perfectly usable as being OK
when 99% of all the things you might do on your wireless LAN
broadband is impossible once you are out of the house.

Extreme rationing and restrictions on data to start with
and completely ususable smartphones once you left a 5 miles
from a city.

Even in China, that is unacceptable.

they already have. I think there might just be a tiny bit of
opposition to this if it were tried.

Have you asked your average smartphone user if they would play
for a $100 5G smartphone and get gigabit services for same
price as today????

No you haven't.

All the new 5G stuff would be relatively cheaper.
And usage would be even higher.
And revenues would be even higher.
Everyone a winner.

The way to do all this is to roll out 5G trials at cost
and ask questions later instead of finding endless ways
to do the foot dragging thing as happened with 4G.

Rod.

Old May 14th 13, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Tue, 14 May 2013 11:25:34 +0100, 7
[email protected] .com wrote:

I was with you until you started talking about taking down existing
services and switching over en masse, as this would presumably require
everybody to buy a new phone, discarding the perfectly usable ones

You are out dated.

The suggestion assumes perfectly usable as being OK
when 99% of all the things you might do on your wireless LAN
broadband is impossible once you are out of the house.

Extreme rationing and restrictions on data to start with
and completely ususable smartphones once you left a 5 miles
from a city.

Even in China, that is unacceptable.

It's acceptable to a great many people simply to have a mobile phone
that works. It would not be acceptable to them to find out one day
that it doesn't work because somebody has decided to switch off the
system on which it depends in order to implement another one offering
facilities that they couldn't have without buying a new phone, and
which they don't want anyway. Who cares what they do in China.

Rod.
Old May 14th 13, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Roderick Stewart wrote:

I was with you until you started talking about taking down existing
services and switching over en masse, as this would presumably require
everybody to buy a new phone, discarding the perfectly usable ones

You are out dated.

The suggestion assumes perfectly usable as being OK
when 99% of all the things you might do on your wireless LAN
broadband is impossible once you are out of the house.

Extreme rationing and restrictions on data to start with
and completely ususable smartphones once you left a 5 miles
from a city.

Even in China, that is unacceptable.

It's acceptable to a great many people simply to have a mobile phone
that works.

You are simply wrong.

The rip off prices for data are a reflection of a system that can never work
where everything is rationed and the MBAs are laughing it up when
they should be out there installing 5G for the user.

It would not be acceptable to them to find out one day
that it doesn't work because somebody has decided to switch off the
system on which it depends in order to implement another one offering
facilities that they couldn't have without buying a new phone, and
which they don't want anyway.

You are simply wrong.

Paying through the nose is not a substitute for buying a cheaper
mobile phone and getting a cheaper tarrif that does more
for even less TOTAL money.

Pay $100 for ne phone and 10 gbits of data phone per day
versus keep your $300 phone and pay 1 per megabyte of data system??

You serious?

Learn some maths and stop promoting your tech luddite views.

You have no idea how the tech landscape is shaped.

Who cares what they do in China.

You should - you live in a globally connected world.

Rod.

Old May 14th 13, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Tue, 14 May 2013 15:43:34 +0100, 7
[email protected] .com wrote:

It's acceptable to a great many people simply to have a mobile phone
that works.

You are simply wrong.

That's a bit categorical. Evidence?

The rip off prices for data are a reflection of a system that can never work
where everything is rationed and the MBAs are laughing it up when
they should be out there installing 5G for the user.

I don't know the exact figures, but not everybody is interested in
using a phone for gigabytes of data, just talking to each other and
sending a few texts. Most of the people I know who have mobile phones
just use them for those basic purposes, and taking snapshots of the
kids. They wouldn't be pleased if their phone service were switched
off in order to provide something for somebody else.

Rod.