A WIFI router which implements a data quota?

Old June 21st 13, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default A WIFI router which implements a data quota?

Quite a few now offer a bandwidth limit, but if you want to stop a
potentially 24hr-active P2P (torrent) user running up more than say
30GB/month, you need to set the bandwidth limit at a level which is
too low for even watching a youtube video.

What is needed is a quota, say 1GB/day, which when reached cuts off
the connection, until 00:00 the following day, when the router
automatically re-opens the data.

I am looking for something below 200, preferably with a built in ADSL
modem.

Other clients i.e. ethernet connected PCs need to get the full access.
The limit is just for WIFI - presumably it would be configured for the
internal network IP range which is allocated by the DHCP server in the
router. It might mean the ethernet-connected computer has to have a
fixed IP, set outside the WIFI-DHCP range...

It has been claimed that the Draytek 2920 will do this, using a
convoluted setup, but I am not sure... I have a 2955 here and that
does a bandwidth limit but no data quotas.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Old June 22nd 13, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Able

"Peter" wrote in message

[...]

Any use?

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/

PA

Old June 22nd 13, 10:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

"Peter Able" [email protected] wrote

"Peter" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

That sounds very interesting! Thanks.

How hard is it to load the firmware?
Old June 23rd 13, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Able

"Peter" wrote in message
news

"Peter Able" [email protected] wrote

"Peter" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I've no experience - just vaguely remembered that site when I read you
enquiry.

PA