O2 Hotspots

Old July 1st 13, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Mills

Default O2 Hotspots

A few months ago it was possible to sign up for free use of O2 hotspots
without needing to be an O2 customer. I did so at the time, but have
never actually used one of their hotspots.

The time is approaching when it might be useful to do so, so I decided
to check up on my account details.

However, I can't now find anything on the O2 site about free use, and
when I try to sign on to the account which I created (using either the
email address or the mobile number I used at the time), it reports that
it can't find an account associated with either of those!

Anyone know what's happened - has something changed?
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old July 1st 13, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Have a look at https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/my/about

--
Claim nothing: Enjoy
David: NorthWest England
Old July 8th 13, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Roger Mills" wrote in message ...

A few months ago it was possible to sign up for free use of O2 hotspots
without needing to be an O2 customer. I did so at the time, but have
never actually used one of their hotspots.

The time is approaching when it might be useful to do so, so I decided
to check up on my account details.

However, I can't now find anything on the O2 site about free use, and
when I try to sign on to the account which I created (using either the
email address or the mobile number I used at the time), it reports that
it can't find an account associated with either of those!

Anyone know what's happened - has something changed?
--
******

I use an O2 dongle on pay as you go when in the caravan, never yet picked up
a free O2 hotspot.
Regards
David

Old July 8th 13, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

wrote:

A few months ago it was possible to sign up for free use of O2 hotspots
without needing to be an O2 customer. I did so at the time, but have
never actually used one of their hotspots.

The time is approaching when it might be useful to do so, so I decided
to check up on my account details.

However, I can't now find anything on the O2 site about free use, and
when I try to sign on to the account which I created (using either the
email address or the mobile number I used at the time), it reports that
it can't find an account associated with either of those!

Anyone know what's happened - has something changed?

https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/my/faqs

And an android app to help register and find them is here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...2.android.wifi

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
"Fascinating," said Spock, watching Kirk's lousy acting.