TalkTalk no dialtone but "no problems"

Old July 5th 13, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry Pinnell

Default TalkTalk no dialtone but "no problems"

My wife's landline (and broadband) are via TalkTalk. There's no dial tone.
Nor with a substituted working phone.

Entering her number (an 01342 area code) in the 'Check for problems'
section of the self-help pages results in 'No problems in your area'.

She's used the phone menu and eventually got the recorded message that she
would receive a text message on her mobile phone number. But there's no
signal at this our home location!

Is there any way to reach a human by phone? Second best an email address
receiving prompt attention?

No work or activity has been occurring today in the vicinity of the master
socket or the fairly lengthy lines around the outside walls of our house.
Am I right to conclude that the most likely implication is a line
disconnection fault between us and the East Grinstead Exchange ?

Any advice would be much appreciated please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Old July 5th 13, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 05/07/2013 17:25, Terry Pinnell wrote:
My wife's landline (and broadband) are via TalkTalk. There's no dial tone.
Nor with a substituted working phone.

Entering her number (an 01342 area code) in the 'Check for problems'
section of the self-help pages results in 'No problems in your area'.

She's used the phone menu and eventually got the recorded message that she
would receive a text message on her mobile phone number. But there's no
signal at this our home location!

Is there any way to reach a human by phone? Second best an email address
receiving prompt attention?

No work or activity has been occurring today in the vicinity of the master
socket or the fairly lengthy lines around the outside walls of our house.
Am I right to conclude that the most likely implication is a line
disconnection fault between us and the East Grinstead Exchange ?

Any advice would be much appreciated please?

Probably - or maybe a fault in the exchange itself.
On Googling Talk Talk's website, I found this:
https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/mobile/reporting-fault
Fault-reporting number is shown as 0870 444 1820
Presumably that's the number your wife rang?
Old July 5th 13, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim.....

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
My wife's landline (and broadband) are via TalkTalk. There's no dial tone.
Nor with a substituted working phone.

Entering her number (an 01342 area code) in the 'Check for problems'
section of the self-help pages results in 'No problems in your area'.

This is just going to be info on major outages. A fault in a single line is
not going to show up here.

She's used the phone menu and eventually got the recorded message that she
would receive a text message on her mobile phone number. But there's no
signal at this our home location!

Is there any way to reach a human by phone? Second best an email address
receiving prompt attention?

No work or activity has been occurring today in the vicinity of the master
socket or the fairly lengthy lines around the outside walls of our house.
Am I right to conclude that the most likely implication is a line
disconnection fault between us and the East Grinstead Exchange ?

Yep, had exactly the same problem last week (well not exactly the same as I
don't live in East Grinstead).

Any advice would be much appreciated please?

Not beyond that which you have already tried. If your telco doesn't have a
fully manned fault reporting service then that's a pretty poor show.

tim

Old July 5th 13, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 05/07/2013 18:10, tim..... wrote:

[...]

Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice.
Mind you, you don't pay Talk Talk much money, so you don't get a lot of
choice...

Old July 6th 13, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim.....

"George Weston" wrote in message
On 05/07/2013 18:10, tim..... wrote:

[...]

The BB may be cheap, but the line rental seems to be about the same price as
BT (and virtually ever other provider).

and it is the line rental charge that covers fault reporting

tim

Old July 9th 13, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

[...]

My advice would be to change ISP

Old July 9th 13, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Tue, 09 Jul 2013 09:25:44 +0100, chris wrote:

[...]

+1
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old July 10th 13, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

[...]

Find a decent ISP.
Mike

Old July 10th 13, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"Mark" wrote in message
[...]

After waiting 30 minutes on their support line being told I was number 1 in
the queue make that +2