SHEFA-2 fault

Old July 26th 13, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB

Default SHEFA-2 fault

Just wondering why this should affect the UK, is it part of one of the
links to North America? Or is traffic to the Faroes being diverted onto
another cable involving passage over links in the North of Scotland

24 July 2013 Last updated at 09:50

Faroe to Scotland cable problem hits internet connections

A problem with a subsea cable that runs between the Faroe Islands and
Scotland has affected internet connections, it has emerged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...lands-23432301

Old September 11th 13, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi there

Just wondering why this should affect the UK, is it part of one of the

While not the whole story, Orkney and Shetland are part of the UK (at least for now!) and SHEFA-2 has done much to improve our internet connections (as I'm using now)

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHEFA-2

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/newsbites/7308-internet-off

http://www.seafish.org/media/527823/shefa_lres_2011.pdf