O2 4G starting next month.

Old August 2nd 13, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default O2 4G starting next month.

I have an O2 present dongle thing I use with my laptop when travelling and
in my caravan.
I use the Pay and Go in the caravan I have never yet found it to locate a
free O2 hotspot in the caravan and have to pay to use it.
Been to O2 website and 4G seems to be all about mobile phones and hand
devices, anyone know if I caravan in a 4G area how I will be effected?
I will add I'm disappointed with its performance that I get now.
Thanks
David

Old August 2nd 13, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Theo Markettos

David wrote:
Been to O2 website and 4G seems to be all about mobile phones and hand
devices, anyone know if I caravan in a 4G area how I will be effected?

Unless you buy a 4G-capable dongle, not at all. For example, here's EE's
offering (from last year anyway, rates may have changed):
http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2012/ee-un...ifi-deals.html

Theo
Old August 2nd 13, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Apellation Controlee

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 09:59:22 +0100, "David" wrote:

I have an O2 present dongle thing I use with my laptop when travelling and
in my caravan.
I use the Pay and Go in the caravan I have never yet found it to locate a
free O2 hotspot in the caravan and have to pay to use it.
Been to O2 website and 4G seems to be all about mobile phones and hand
devices, anyone know if I caravan in a 4G area how I will be effected?
I will add I'm disappointed with its performance that I get now.
Thanks
David

Your dongle is supposed to find o2 hotspots? Is this right?

That aside, do you expect to find an o2 hotspot on a caravan site?
Old August 2nd 13, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Apellation Controlee" wrote in message

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 09:59:22 +0100, "David" wrote:

I have an O2 present dongle thing I use with my laptop when travelling and
in my caravan.
I use the Pay and Go in the caravan I have never yet found it to locate a
free O2 hotspot in the caravan and have to pay to use it.
Been to O2 website and 4G seems to be all about mobile phones and hand
devices, anyone know if I caravan in a 4G area how I will be effected?
I will add I'm disappointed with its performance that I get now.
Thanks
David

Your dongle is supposed to find o2 hotspots? Is this right?

That aside, do you expect to find an o2 hotspot on a caravan site?

*****

Yes the info. says if I'm in Credit on my Pay and Go I would use the O2 ones
free.

Well if there was one in range I would expect to use it, but never been in
range of one.

Regards
David

Old August 2nd 13, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Theo Markettos" wrote in message

David wrote:
Been to O2 website and 4G seems to be all about mobile phones and hand
devices, anyone know if I caravan in a 4G area how I will be effected?

Unless you buy a 4G-capable dongle, not at all. For example, here's EE's
offering (from last year anyway, rates may have changed):
http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2012/ee-un...ifi-deals.html

Theo

*****

Thanks.
I of course am Pay and Go with O2 and not on a contract.
So the question was of course will an O2 dongle get 4G as well from O2. If
like your EE then a new one will be required and then question might be will
an O2 4G default to 3G etc if not in a 4G area.
Regards
David

Old August 2nd 13, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"David" wrote in message

[...]

That is because you need an O2 fixed line customer on the site and there
probably is not one - O2 was rare as an ISP and IIRC about to quit the
market.

Regards
David

Old August 2nd 13, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
news

"David" wrote in message

[...]

Either way it doesn't answer the OP question as they wouldn't get 3G let
alone 4G from a wifi hotspot.