Moving house: Taking over phone line: How long to Plusnet broadbandavalability?

Old August 2nd 13, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maurice

Default Moving house: Taking over phone line: How long to Plusnet broadbandavalability?

When moving house and taking over the phone service on moving-in
day, I'm wondering how soon after moving in could a Plusnet
broadband-only (non-LLU) service be available (assuming plenty of
notice given!).

--
/\/\aurice
(Retired in Surrey, UK)
Old August 2nd 13, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 02/08/2013 16:15, Maurice wrote:
When moving house and taking over the phone service on moving-in
day, I'm wondering how soon after moving in could a Plusnet
broadband-only (non-LLU) service be available (assuming plenty of
notice given!).

Why not look it up?
https://www.plus.net/movinghome/

Old August 2nd 13, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 02/08/2013 16:15, Maurice wrote:
When moving house and taking over the phone service on moving-in
day, I'm wondering how soon after moving in could a Plusnet
broadband-only (non-LLU) service be available (assuming plenty of
notice given!).

Go to their website and ask them?
Old August 2nd 13, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maurice

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 16:55:16 +0100, chris wrote:

Why not look it up? https://www.plus.net/movinghome/

Because I'm not talking of moving my Plusnet connection from one place
to another, but moving to another house and not transferring my
current ISP service but starting a Plusnet service.

--
/\/\aurice
Old August 2nd 13, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 02/08/13 19:16, Maurice wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 16:55:16 +0100, chris wrote:

Why not look it up? https://www.plus.net/movinghome/

Because I'm not talking of moving my Plusnet connection from one place
to another, but moving to another house and not transferring my
current ISP service but starting a Plusnet service.

IME its as long as it takes an engineer to go down to the exchange and
jumper you up.

If you order the whole shebang in advance, it should be on the moment
you step through the door.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Old August 2nd 13, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 02/08/2013 19:16, Maurice wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 16:55:16 +0100, chris wrote:

Why not look it up? https://www.plus.net/movinghome/

Because I'm not talking of moving my Plusnet connection from one place
to another, but moving to another house and not transferring my
current ISP service but starting a Plusnet service.

OK - try this link and follow it through.
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/switch/
Old August 3rd 13, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim.....

On 02/08/13 19:16, Maurice wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 16:55:16 +0100, chris wrote:

Why not look it up? https://www.plus.net/movinghome/

Because I'm not talking of moving my Plusnet connection from one place
to another, but moving to another house and not transferring my
current ISP service but starting a Plusnet service.

IME its as long as it takes an engineer to go down to the exchange and
jumper you up.

OK My experience:

PN can't take over the line at the new house on the day that the previous
punter leaves unless you give them at least 14 days notice.

And if you miss that date they can't reconnect the line until 7 days after
it has been disconnected.

Which seems nuts to me, but I don't know if anybody else can do better.

tim

Old August 3rd 13, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maurice

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 21:26:19 +0100, George Weston wrote:

try this link and follow it through.
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/switch/

That info is only about changing to Plusnet (from some other ISP) at
the same address, I think.

In my case I would be taking over a line at some other house.

--
/\/\aurice
Old August 3rd 13, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maurice

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:54:25 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

If you order the whole shebang in advance, it should be on the moment
you step through the door.

That's what I was hopefully assuming!

But my current ISP says BT requires "5 working days" to install a
broadband connection, and for some reason I don't understand those 5
days can only start from the day I take over the line - i.e. the day I
move in. So no broadband for best part of a week, just when it is
needed.
(Something to do with the line being 'restarted' on that date to
reflect the change of ownership.)

That differs frokm my experience when changing ISP on the same line,
when the changeover was immediate (so presumably BT's "5 days" started
5 days before the new ISP's start date).

That's why I was wondering if anyone here had a similar experience
with Plusnet, who might have a better arrangement with BT.

(I shall still try to speak to someone at Plusnet, when the
telephone call wait time comes down.)

--
/\/\aurice
Old August 3rd 13, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim.....

"Maurice" wrote in message
[...]

If my experience is anything to go by - they don't

tim