Help... starting to... like.... urgh!... Sky

Old August 16th 13, 02:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew MacPherson

Default Help... starting to... like.... urgh!... Sky

I'm your stereotypical liberal leftie Sky/Murdoch objector, And have only been
hanging on since the O2 takeover because I have a cheap deal. But recently I've had
to talk to them a couple of times about my mother's 'o2' account, and now about
missing bandwidth on my previously 2MB/s connection down here.

And on all occasions their 'normal' and tech support in Norn Iron have fallen over
themselves to be incredibly helpful.

This is making it very hard to stick to my principles!

Having said that, I have stiffed the umbrella corp by trialling NowTV for nowt in
order to get 90 days free PS+ membership. So take that, The Man! Yea, that makes me
feel better.

Kind of.

At this rate I'll be caving in for their "swap now" phone & BB offer as well.
Sometimes I hate myself. :-)

Maybe they're just being nice to me because of the O2 thing and retention? Yes,
that works for me. It's all a plot! ;-)

Andrew McP
Old August 16th 13, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Andrew MacPherson" wrote in message

[...]

****

Well I'm in the same boat of going over to Sky BB and phone as I'm with
sister company to O2 and that is Be Unlimited.
Their Support as all ways been 110%
Regards
David

Old August 16th 13, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert Moss-Eccardt

David wrote:

[...]

I move from Be to Sky last month. I now have 20% less speed (even raw
sync speed) and pay more. Not impressed.

Old August 16th 13, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

On 16/08/2013 16:59, Graham. wrote:

Yer cheque's in the post. The rest of us are all doomed.

As ye my know I jumped (stereotypical liberal leftie Sky/Murdoch
objector ex-employee erm ex-thatcherite). Very happy with Plusnet
unlimited fibre broadband. Pretty similar cost to me old Be service, but
faster.

Is it email-prison keeping some folks from escaping?

--
Adrian C

Old August 17th 13, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:46:20 +0100, Rupert Moss-Eccardt
wrote:

David wrote:

[...]

Was that an elective move, or were you pushed? (I believe you can
volunteer to migrate early).

Did you at least threaten to leave and get the 12 months at half price
retention deal?

I am still waiting for the dreaded date, I wish to assure everyone I
am only putting myself through this for altruistic reasons, I am a Sam
Knows Whitebox volunteer, so I should glean some hard and fast
statistics about BE vs Sky.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%