Mystery speed increase.

Old September 4th 13, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

Default Mystery speed increase.

Some years ago my broadband speed was put up to 8Mbps (a bit less when
measured due to overheads etc.). This was very solid and clearly a
configured [top] speed.

BT's web site said I should get 13+Mbps.

For a few years I chased BT from time to time to try and get the cap
removed, but to no avail - "there is no cap" they always said.

Recently I noticed things were going a bit quicker and when measured it
turns out that my speed has magically increased to 13Mbps.

Anyone had a similar experience?

--

R. Mark Clayton

remove nospa for email

Old September 5th 13, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , R. Mark
Clayton escribió:

Recently I noticed things were going a bit quicker and when measured it
turns out that my speed has magically increased to 13Mbps.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Same thing happened to me.

There's no mystery, your exchange has been upgraded from ADSL Max (up to
8Mbps) to ADSL2+ (up to 20Mbps).

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Old September 5th 13, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rob

On 05/09/2013 09:18, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el , R. Mark
escribió:

Recently I noticed things were going a bit quicker and when measured it
turns out that my speed has magically increased to 13Mbps.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Same thing happened to me.

There's no mystery, your exchange has been upgraded from ADSL Max (up to
8Mbps) to ADSL2+ (up to 20Mbps).

When I was with Tiscali I had 0.75. During some repairs a BT man noticed
that our line had an unnecesary 3+ mile loop in it. (Exchange cable
came into box around the corner, was then connected to a loop out to the
next village and back, then to the house.) When he connected it directly
the speed went up 1.3.
When (now) Talk Talk sales and service upset me so much I moved to BT
the speed dropped back down to .9. I got an email notifying me of
upgrades to the exchange etc and the speed stayed the same.
I moved to Orange and the speed went straight up to 2.0
Old September 6th 13, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo , R. Mark
Clayton escribió:

Recently I noticed things were going a bit quicker and when measured it
turns out that my speed has magically increased to 13Mbps.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Same thing happened to me.

There's no mystery, your exchange has been upgraded from ADSL Max (up to
8Mbps) to ADSL2+ (up to 20Mbps).

Cheers.

--
(\_/)