BT phone: "Sorry there is a fault"

Old September 5th 13, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry Pinnell

Default BT phone: "Sorry there is a fault"

Trying repeatedly to reach BT Broadband Technical Support (to report speed
drop on my Infinity service) at 0800 111 4567. But get ""Sorry there is a
fault" every time.

Anyone know what might be going on please? Or an alternative number?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Old September 6th 13, 08:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown

On 05/09/2013 20:15, Terry Pinnell wrote:
Trying repeatedly to reach BT Broadband Technical Support (to report speed
drop on my Infinity service) at 0800 111 4567. But get ""Sorry there is a
fault" every time.

Anyone know what might be going on please? Or an alternative number?

Everyone on BT Infinity trying to ring them at the same time.

You have an infinite number of fault reports and a finite resource!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old September 6th 13, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Murray

Martin Brown writes:

On 05/09/2013 20:15, Terry Pinnell wrote:
Trying repeatedly to reach BT Broadband Technical Support (to report speed
drop on my Infinity service) at 0800 111 4567. But get ""Sorry there is a
fault" every time.

Anyone know what might be going on please? Or an alternative number?

Everyone on BT Infinity trying to ring them at the same time.

You have an infinite number of fault reports and a finite resource!

In which case you should get the 'equipment busy' tone not just a
message "Sorry there is a fault". Though that is probably better than it
used to be with GPO telephones where (shortly after STD) trying to phone
from Southampton to Birmingham might be met with a message such as "All
lines to Brighton[1] are busy, please try later"

[1] Or some other place which seems to have no bearing on the call being
attempted.
Old September 6th 13, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 12:16:34 +0100
Graham Murray wrote:

Martin Brown writes:

On 05/09/2013 20:15, Terry Pinnell wrote:
Trying repeatedly to reach BT Broadband Technical Support (to
report speed drop on my Infinity service) at 0800 111 4567. But
get ""Sorry there is a fault" every time.

Anyone know what might be going on please? Or an alternative
number?

Everyone on BT Infinity trying to ring them at the same time.

You have an infinite number of fault reports and a finite resource!

In which case you should get the 'equipment busy' tone not just a
message "Sorry there is a fault". Though that is probably better than
it used to be with GPO telephones where (shortly after STD) trying to
phone from Southampton to Birmingham might be met with a message such
as "All lines to Brighton[1] are busy, please try later"

[1] Or some other place which seems to have no bearing on the call
being attempted.

Only a few years ago, I was still getting the message "All
connections are busy" occasionally using the major 'phone supplier in
Michigan (AT&T). I moved back here three years ago, so can't say if
it's still happening, but it was unexpected from the remains of the once
mighty US Ma Bell.
--
Davey.

Old September 6th 13, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

Graham Murray wrote:

Martin Brown writes:

[...]

I would venture to suggest it was:
"All circuits are busy now. Pleasse try your call again later".

One of Allison Smith's more celebrated Asterisk announcements.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%