Three Dongle / Mobile Service

Old September 10th 13, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

Default Three Dongle / Mobile Service

Has anyone else noticed a dire deterioration of connections to Three broadband (and mobile) recently? Well actually over the last three months or more? Currently I have been getting drop-pits or disconnections at the rate of every few minutes for hours on end. It makes composing and sending emails next to impossible with both Google and Yahoo because their latest 'state-of-the-art' systems require continuous connection to their servers for real-time updates and refreshes.

But my Three dongle keeps disconnecting and then refusing to reconnect. I get a dark blue light on almost permanently which mean that basically I am disconnected. To reconnect I have to close down the dashboard and restart the app. Even then I'm not guaranteed a re-connection.

I am sure that Three are in breach of contract in taking money and basically not delivering any form of web service.

CJB
Old September 25th 13, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

CJB formulated on Tuesday :
[...]

I use mine very irregularly and only whilst away in the caravan, but
previously at a particular site I had a rock solid connection, whereas
a few weeks ago I was really struggling with the connection. Of course
it might have been just a local issue.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old September 25th 13, 12:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

On 10/09/2013 09:11, CJB wrote:
[...]

It is impossible to generalise due to the wide variation in conditions.
I would suggest asking Three to replace the dongle. I have had no issues
with my mobile data on Three connection albeit via my Iphone rather than
separate dongle.

--
Peter Crosland
Old September 25th 13, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 25/09/13 12:38, Peter Crosland wrote:
On 10/09/2013 09:11, CJB wrote:
[...]

The only occaison I ever used a three dongle, I got beween 0 and 2400bps
out of it.

Essentially a remote and overloaded transmitter.

At another location it delivered fine, apparently.

I bleieve that people with 4G phones could tell there wasn't a reliable
data connection available at that location too.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old September 26th 13, 08:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 10/09/2013 09:11, CJB wrote:
But my Three dongle keeps disconnecting and then refusing to reconnect. I get a dark blue light on almost permanently which mean that basically I am disconnected. To reconnect I have to close down the dashboard and restart the app. Even then I'm not guaranteed a re-connection.

Mine works fine here (St Ives, Cambs) although it does get rather slow
at peak times. I don't think its a nationwide problem.

Andy
Old October 2nd 13, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown

On 10/09/2013 09:11, CJB wrote:
[...]

I have never had less than 3Mbps out of mine even in quite remote but
high locations in the Yorkshire dales. There are obviously dead spots in
the valleys and you cannot trust the coverage maps at all.

Essentially a remote and overloaded transmitter.

At another location it delivered fine, apparently.

The dongles seem to be limited throughput compared to the mifi devices
where in Manchester I have seen theoretical maximum speed obtained.

I bleieve that people with 4G phones could tell there wasn't a reliable
data connection available at that location too.

Some places have borderline low signal but even there I have had a
working link with a few timeouts. I probably would not notice
intermittent virtual connection provided that when I wanted to send SMTP
mail the link established again in the blink of an eye. I think most of
the time it is a happy turquoise connected indicator tho.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown