WOL not working consistently

Old October 5th 13, 01:43 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Adrian C

Default WOL not working consistently

On 01/10/2013 23:18, Endulini wrote:

Cheers Adrian. I've seen this and used it to successfully set my router
to forward on the packets and I can see that the packets are getting
through even from the internet. What is happening though is that after
the computer has been 'asleep', powered down or 'hibernating' for longer
than around 20 minutes it doesn't reboot when the magic packet is sent.
It's like it's only dozing initially and then something further powers
off after 20 minutes and stops it from rebooting.....

So you've done the arpadd stuff?

e.g. arpadd intf=LocalNetwork ip=192.168.1.66 hwaddr=00:00:48:8f:03:9a

Hmmm... me confused.

Look at network card properties, advanced tab - there may be other
settings there. Wake from power off, hybernate, sleep are all a
minefield of known compatibility snags existing between BIOS, APM/APCI
and OS. On some plaforms (e.g. HP Microserver) only wake from power off
is properly supported.

I've even come across slightly different implementions of the magic
packet and differing port numbers. In windows powercfg.exe reveals a lot
on current settings, and so does wireshark if you do some sniffing.

--
Adrian C

Old February 10th 16, 05:39 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

did you ever figure out what was stopping the PC's from responding to WOL after 20 minutes? I basically have the same issue and don't know where to start..

Thanks
James