Wireless Router for Access Point.

Old October 4th 13, 09:04 AM
Stephen Almond Stephen Almond is offline
Junior Member

Default Wireless Router for Access Point.

I have Plusnet fibre for internet access, with their Technicolor 582n router.
I want to extend wireless coverage into a basement area at my home. I have an ethernet cable into the basement area from the Technicolor router, and know that I can use a wireless router set up as a network access point.
Unlike many, I don't have an old router available for the job.
Can anyone suggest a suitable inexpensive router to buy for this? In particular, should I be going for 300 Mbps or is 150 sufficient?
I would also like at least a couple of LAN sockets for direct connection to the new router

Thanks

Steve

Last edited by Stephen Almond : October 4th 13 at 12:37 PM.