Well done Openreach

Old October 25th 13, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
newshound

Default Well done Openreach

Intermittent broadband fault, when Plusnet sent the *second* POTS
engineer I was wondering how long this would drag on for.

But all credit to the man, although there was no phone or broadband
fault showing he decided to look at the drop from the gutter (made
easier by the fact that I already had a scaffold tower up there). Hooked
up to the connectors, pulled the supply wire and the line drops out.
Ladder up the pole, new supply wire and all fixed in about 20 minutes.
The only pity was that he disappeared without giving me a chance to say
thanks.
Old October 25th 13, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland

On 25/10/2013 10:19, newshound wrote:
Intermittent broadband fault, when Plusnet sent the *second* POTS
engineer I was wondering how long this would drag on for.

But all credit to the man, although there was no phone or broadband
fault showing he decided to look at the drop from the gutter (made
easier by the fact that I already had a scaffold tower up there). Hooked
up to the connectors, pulled the supply wire and the line drops out.
Ladder up the pole, new supply wire and all fixed in about 20 minutes.
The only pity was that he disappeared without giving me a chance to say
thanks.

The recommended standard procedure is to offer BT/Openreach staff tea or
coffee plus chocolate biscuits on arrival!
--
Peter Crosland

Old October 25th 13, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland

On 25/10/2013 10:47, newshound wrote:
On 25/10/2013 10:28, Peter Crosland wrote:
On 25/10/2013 10:19, newshound wrote:
Intermittent broadband fault, when Plusnet sent the *second* POTS
engineer I was wondering how long this would drag on for.

But all credit to the man, although there was no phone or broadband
fault showing he decided to look at the drop from the gutter (made
easier by the fact that I already had a scaffold tower up there). Hooked
up to the connectors, pulled the supply wire and the line drops out.
Ladder up the pole, new supply wire and all fixed in about 20 minutes.
The only pity was that he disappeared without giving me a chance to say
thanks.

The recommended standard procedure is to offer BT/Openreach staff tea or
coffee plus chocolate biscuits on arrival!

They were declined!

Maybe he was an imposter!

--
Peter Crosland

Old October 25th 13, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
R. Mark Clayton

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 25/10/2013 10:19, newshound wrote:
Intermittent broadband fault, when Plusnet sent the *second* POTS
engineer I was wondering how long this would drag on for.

But all credit to the man, although there was no phone or broadband
fault showing he decided to look at the drop from the gutter (made
easier by the fact that I already had a scaffold tower up there). Hooked
up to the connectors, pulled the supply wire and the line drops out.
Ladder up the pole, new supply wire and all fixed in about 20 minutes.
The only pity was that he disappeared without giving me a chance to say
thanks.

The recommended standard procedure is to offer BT/Openreach staff tea or
coffee plus chocolate biscuits on arrival!

Depends on the job. If you want your socket in a particular place or DIY
mistakes fixing then it is best to use an unwanted banknote as a coaster...

--
Peter Crosland

Old October 25th 13, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Huge

On 2013-10-25, The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 25/10/2013 10:28, Peter Crosland wrote:
On 25/10/2013 10:19, newshound wrote:
Intermittent broadband fault, when Plusnet sent the *second* POTS
engineer I was wondering how long this would drag on for.

But all credit to the man, although there was no phone or broadband
fault showing he decided to look at the drop from the gutter (made
easier by the fact that I already had a scaffold tower up there). Hooked
up to the connectors, pulled the supply wire and the line drops out.
Ladder up the pole, new supply wire and all fixed in about 20 minutes.
The only pity was that he disappeared without giving me a chance to say
thanks.

The recommended standard procedure is to offer BT/Openreach staff tea or
coffee plus chocolate biscuits on arrival!

And handymen?

Why would you offer the BT/Openreach staff a handyman?

--
Today is Pungenday, the 6th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3179
Human being; a spacesuit for a fish
Old October 25th 13, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland

On 25/10/2013 15:51, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
[...]

I have never found this necessary. Treat workmen as guests in your home
and usually bribes are not required.

--
Peter Crosland
Old October 25th 13, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:47:29 +0100, newshound
wrote:

On 25/10/2013 10:28, Peter Crosland wrote:
On 25/10/2013 10:19, newshound wrote:
Intermittent broadband fault, when Plusnet sent the *second* POTS
engineer I was wondering how long this would drag on for.

But all credit to the man, although there was no phone or broadband
fault showing he decided to look at the drop from the gutter (made
easier by the fact that I already had a scaffold tower up there). Hooked
up to the connectors, pulled the supply wire and the line drops out.
Ladder up the pole, new supply wire and all fixed in about 20 minutes.
The only pity was that he disappeared without giving me a chance to say
thanks.

The recommended standard procedure is to offer BT/Openreach staff tea or
coffee plus chocolate biscuits on arrival!

They were declined!

Try something a little stronger, perhaps ?

--

:: Jim ::

UKIP-BNP Migration Policy:
Tory Migration Policy: