FSKING STOOPID BT

Old October 28th 13, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default FSKING STOOPID BT

FIL turns up. phone lines are down. try to report fault.

Online says one line isnt BT (talktalk) cant report fault on that. Other
is BT, report fault on that.

web page says gimme a phone or email to contact. Not very useful with no
broadband or phone.

web page says enter more detail. Enter it.
web page rejects *any* detail - even on letter - as 'not valid
alphanumeric input'

FFS what are these people ON???

Do they TEST these websites?

Do they THINK when they set them up?

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old October 28th 13, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

FIL turns up. phone lines are down. try to report fault.

Online says one line isnt BT (talktalk) cant report fault on that. Other
is BT, report fault on that.

web page says gimme a phone or email to contact. Not very useful with no
broadband or phone.

Playing devil's advocate here - perhaps they're hoping that you might
have a mobile (perhaps with email access too) that they could get back
to you on?

web page says enter more detail. Enter it.
web page rejects *any* detail - even on letter - as 'not valid
alphanumeric input'

FFS what are these people ON???

Do they TEST these websites?

Do they THINK when they set them up?

Probably not - especially BT, who seem to have designed their website so
that it's almost impossible to report a fault, query your bill or make a
complaint. Strangely enough, it's relatively easy to find the bit where
you want to buy something...

I had a billing problem with them recently. I (eventually) found the
page where you could make an online chat enquiry with a real human being
(albeit in India). I waited twenty minutes for my turn in the queue and
then had about a half-hour backwards-and-forwards typed conversation
with Krishna Somebody-or-other, who eventually said he understood my
problem and would put a credit on my bill. By that time, I'd had enough
with BT.

I then got the email from them about the upcoming price rise, giving me
10 days if I wished to switch without penalty. That was wot dun it for
me, so I got in touch with Plusnet (who I was already with for
broadband) and got a very good combined deal.

I should have done it years ago but that's lethargy for you...

Old October 28th 13, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Gaff

No of course not, nobody said they should actually work, not in the
outsourcing contract.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

FIL turns up. phone lines are down. try to report fault.

Online says one line isnt BT (talktalk) cant report fault on that. Other
is BT, report fault on that.

web page says gimme a phone or email to contact. Not very useful with no
broadband or phone.

web page says enter more detail. Enter it.
web page rejects *any* detail - even on letter - as 'not valid
alphanumeric input'

FFS what are these people ON???

Do they TEST these websites?

Do they THINK when they set them up?

--
Ineptocracy

lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members
of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded
with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a
diminishing number of producers.

Old October 28th 13, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony sayer

In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus

FIL turns up. phone lines are down. try to report fault.

Online says one line isnt BT (talktalk) cant report fault on that. Other
is BT, report fault on that.

web page says gimme a phone or email to contact. Not very useful with no
broadband or phone.

web page says enter more detail. Enter it.
web page rejects *any* detail - even on letter - as 'not valid
alphanumeric input'

FFS what are these people ON???

Do they TEST these websites?

Do they THINK when they set them up?

Go to a more sensible ISP like Zen Internet who do have phone numbers on
their website and they do have English speaking staff who are quite
sensible.

Even if their in the occupied territories of olde Lancashire;!...
--
Tony Sayer

Old October 28th 13, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 28/10/13 16:25, tony sayer wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus

FIL turns up. phone lines are down. try to report fault.

Online says one line isnt BT (talktalk) cant report fault on that. Other
is BT, report fault on that.

web page says gimme a phone or email to contact. Not very useful with no
broadband or phone.

web page says enter more detail. Enter it.
web page rejects *any* detail - even on letter - as 'not valid
alphanumeric input'

FFS what are these people ON???

Do they TEST these websites?

Do they THINK when they set them up?

Go to a more sensible ISP like Zen Internet who do have phone numbers on
their website and they do have English speaking staff who are quite
sensible.

Even if their in the occupied territories of olde Lancashire;!...

I did years ago. I cant tell the FIL anythng. stupid obstinate old fool

Old October 28th 13, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

On 28/10/2013 16:25, tony sayer wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus

FIL turns up. phone lines are down. try to report fault.

Online says one line isnt BT (talktalk) cant report fault on that. Other
is BT, report fault on that.

web page says gimme a phone or email to contact. Not very useful with no
broadband or phone.

web page says enter more detail. Enter it.
web page rejects *any* detail - even on letter - as 'not valid
alphanumeric input'

FFS what are these people ON???

Do they TEST these websites?

Do they THINK when they set them up?

Go to a more sensible ISP like Zen Internet who do have phone numbers on
their website and they do have English speaking staff who are quite
sensible.

Even if their in the occupied territories of olde Lancashire;!...

At a large premium.

--
Peter Crosland
Old October 28th 13, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

[snip]

Go to a more sensible ISP like Zen Internet who do have phone numbers on
their website and they do have English speaking staff who are quite
sensible.

Even if their in the occupied territories of olde Lancashire;!...

At a large premium.

Well, do you want it to work or not ...???

--
Graham J

Old October 28th 13, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

On 28/10/2013 20:54, Graham J wrote:
[snip]

Go to a more sensible ISP like Zen Internet who do have phone numbers on
their website and they do have English speaking staff who are quite
sensible.

Even if their in the occupied territories of olde Lancashire;!...

At a large premium.

Well, do you want it to work or not ...???

On the whole it works well enough for me..

--
Peter Crosland
Old October 29th 13, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 16:55:41 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

[...]

Strange isn't it? My parents went with BT broadband despite me
advising them not to. Then they keep moaning it doesn't work.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old October 29th 13, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:17:35 +0000, Peter Crosland
wrote:

On 28/10/2013 20:54, Graham J wrote:
[snip]

Go to a more sensible ISP like Zen Internet who do have phone numbers on
their website and they do have English speaking staff who are quite
sensible.

Even if their in the occupied territories of olde Lancashire;!...

At a large premium.

Well, do you want it to work or not ...???

On the whole it works well enough for me..

Until you have a fault and try to get it fixed ? !!

--

:: Jim,

who survived Thatcher,
: