BT slaughtered by customers ...

Old October 29th 13, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

Default BT slaughtered by customers ...

Want a superfast way to go mad? Then ring BT's call centre in Bangalo How one man has gone to extreme lengths to get company to fit broadband at his home

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Bangalore.html

The 15-minute blast of looped chamber music ends when a telephone line somewhere in Bangalore becomes free.

‘I am sorry to keep you waiting Mr Davies ... Mrs Davies. I am quickly getting into this account … and could you please tell me your name, I just couldn't catch it,' the chirpy call centre worker asks.

I sigh. ‘It's Nick Harding,' I repeat to the third person that morning.

‘Thank you, Nicordy,' she replies.

The pantomine that follows will be depressingly familiar to many readers. For almost 40 minutes, I try to explain that, yet again, a British Telecom engineer booked to install their supposedly ‘super-fast' broadband in my property has failed to arrive.

‘I completely agree with you, Stephanie,' the call handler says, suddenly switching to my partner's name.

‘No, I'm Nick,' I correct.

‘Anyhow, Mr Nicole, would it be okay to place this call on hold for just two minutes so I can get this sorted out? I am trying to help you.'

I endure five more minutes of music piped in from India before being reconnected.

‘Hi there, Nicole, thank you so much for being online. With respect to the Infinity Broadband, I believe I must get you connected immediately to the Infinity Order Management Team. Miss Davies, I would like to connect you to the relevant team.'

The line clicks.

‘Thank you for calling BT, your call is now in a queue and will be answered as soon as possible,' a mechanical voice informs me before piping through yet more of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.

ad nauseum

====

The comments from long suffering users are illuminating too.

====

Enjoy!!
Old October 29th 13, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 14:59:59 UTC, CJB wrote:
Want a superfast way to go mad? Then ring BT's call centre in Bangalo How one man has gone to extreme lengths to get company to fit broadband at his home

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Bangalore.html

See BBC Watch Dog - Wednesday 20:00 30 Oct. - BBC One

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03glrr1

Series 32 Episode 7 of 8

Consumer series. Anne Robinson interviews energy secretary Ed Davey, and we investigate BT Openreach and their promises to keep the nation connected.
Old October 29th 13, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 07:59:59 -0700 (PDT), CJB
wrote:

--ssnip--

Thank you for calling BT, your call is now in a queue and will be answered as soon as possible, a mechanical voice informs me before piping through yet more of Mozarts Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.

ad nauseum

====

The comments from long suffering users are illuminating too.

====

Enjoy!!

Sounds just like Orange.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old October 29th 13, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

On 29/10/2013 14:59, CJB wrote:

====

The comments from long suffering users are illuminating too.

====

"long suffering users" deserve all they get by staying with B.T.
It's the easiest thing in the world to switch line rental and incredibly
when I switched 3 lines B.T. actually refunded the pro-rata amount that
had been paid in advance without me having to chase it up. I wasn't even
going to try and get it, just glad to be rid of them.

Anyone that goes to B.T. for a new fibre connection or other... well,
say no more.

Old October 29th 13, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rbel

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 17:27:09 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

On 29/10/2013 14:59, CJB wrote:

====

The comments from long suffering users are illuminating too.

====

"long suffering users" deserve all they get by staying with B.T.
It's the easiest thing in the world to switch line rental and incredibly
when I switched 3 lines B.T. actually refunded the pro-rata amount that
had been paid in advance without me having to chase it up. I wasn't even
going to try and get it, just glad to be rid of them.

Anyone that goes to B.T. for a new fibre connection or other... well,
say no more.

The problem is that, unless you are on cable, whichever ISP you are
with still has to deal with BT when a problem occurs. The only
advantage is that if you are with Plusnet or one of the other
providers with UK based support then the first step in explaining the
nature of the problem can be a bit less stressful.

As I have discovered during the last 9 weeks this does not solve the
communications problems that occur when the fault is passed firstly to
BTW and then by them to Openreach. Some of the Openreach engineers
are very good, others are average and in one case, unhelpful and
abysmal, but the communications between all of them is virtually
non-existent.
--
rbel
Old October 30th 13, 02:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil W Lee

CJB considered Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:16:24 -0700
(PDT) the perfect time to write:

On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 14:59:59 UTC, CJB wrote:
Want a superfast way to go mad? Then ring BT's call centre in Bangalo How one man has gone to extreme lengths to get company to fit broadband at his home

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Bangalore.html

See BBC Watch Dog - Wednesday 20:00 30 Oct. - BBC One

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03glrr1

Series 32 Episode 7 of 8

Consumer series. Anne Robinson interviews energy secretary Ed Davey, and we investigate BT Openreach and their promises to keep the nation connected.

I don't doubt it for one moment.
But I expect something more than a permanent connection to a Bangalore
call-centre.

Thankfully, when Zen kick them, they seem to jump.
Old October 30th 13, 06:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message
[...]

The biggest problem of all is that there is no way for Joe Public
to contact Openreach, but Openreach will call Joe Public (and
sometimes give a contact number) if it suits them so to do. If
there was some way to confirm details with Openreach - even on
line - then all these issues with parking, exact location, etc
etc could be overcome very easily and quickly.

Far to simple.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old October 30th 13, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Simon

"CJB" wrote:
Want a superfast way to go mad? Then ring BT's call centre in Bangalo
How one man has gone to extreme lengths to get company to fit
broadband at his home
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Bangalore.html

Christ, how do they work at those desks??!

Old November 17th 13, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 06:40:52 -0000, "Woody"
wrote:

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

When New Call Telecom escalated a voice fault to Openreach they did
take my mobile number and AFAIK passed it on with the fault details,
so there was the possibility off communication albeit one way.

As it transpired, they did not call my mobile nor did they call the
landline after the faulty line-cardeas replaced. Instead, the engineer
came to the house to check it was OK. House is about 300m from the
exchange.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%