BT Abandons Telecoms For News Website Makeover

Old November 8th 13, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

Default BT Abandons Telecoms For News Website Makeover

BT Abandons Telecoms For News Website Makeover

I would guess that the the major reason why surfers go to BT.com is to use the online telephone directory. So it was that I just wasted 15 minutes and then in frustration went to 192.com

The BT website has had one of those arty farty makeovers by some Arts Undergrads. No longer does it deals with things telecomms. Instead the home page looks like the home page of BBC.co.uk/news

It has links to all the news stories featured by the Beeb (and others) - probably sourced from Yahoo and days out-of-date - but NOWHERE does it have a link to the the online Phone Book.

Quite why BT has abandoned telecomms - isn't that its bread and butter - for some totally inconsequential home page of news is a moot point.

Having wasted 15 minutes of my short life trying to get a residential phone number I WAS NOT IMPRESSED.

CJB.
Old November 8th 13, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"CJB" wrote in message ...
[...]

You must have had your eyes closed.

There is a dirty great horizontal purple line about half way down the right side (and it's been there for, must be over a year now) that says in big letters The Phone Book.

Eh?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old November 8th 13, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rodney Pont

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 07:45:16 -0800 (PST), CJB wrote:

It has links to all the news stories featured by the Beeb (and others) - probably sourced from Yahoo and days out-of-date - but NOWHERE does it have a link to the the online Phone Book.

'The Phone Book' link is on the right hand side of the page, just below
the 'My BT' box.

--
Faster, cheaper, quieter than HS2
and built in 5 years;

Old November 8th 13, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

On Friday, 8 November 2013 16:23:27 UTC, Woody wrote:
"CJB" wrote
in message ... BT Abandons
[...]

*

*

You must have had your eyes closed.

*

There is a dirty great horizontal*purple line about
half way down the right side (and it's been there for, must be over a year now)
that says in big letters The Phone Book.

*

Eh?

*

--
Woody

*

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

I was scanning for the normal wording "White Pages" &/or "Directory"

CJB
Old November 8th 13, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"CJB" wrote in message
[...]

White pages is a US or Oz expression not used here, and whilst
the printed item was called a Directory it was always known as
the phone book hence....................

Old November 9th 13, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

On 08/11/2013 15:45, CJB wrote:
BT Abandons Telecoms For News Website Makeover

My quite old direct bookmark for the BT Directory Enquiries website
still works fine.

The new BT website is a mess. I can't find Call Minder in my account
details and I see that I would be locked into a 1 year contract if I
change my call plan. I have no interest in football nor have I any
desire to contribute in any way towards the cost of BT making it
available to others.

--
Michael Chare
Old November 11th 13, 11:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 22:07:48 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

"CJB" wrote in message
[...]

I just enter 'uk phone numbers' into my Search box, and a page of
suggestions comes up, including BT's 'phone list. I don't even bother
with the BT website.

--
Davey.