Has Samba Mobile gone down the tubes?

Old November 19th 13, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Mills

Default Has Samba Mobile gone down the tubes?

Any Samba users out there? (They're the mob who provide(d) free mobile
internet access on the '3' network in return for watching their on-line
adverts)

I have one of their SIMs in my Huawei E5332 Mobile WiFi (personal
hot-spot) device. I have 'earned' about 500MB of credit by watching
their adverts, and it has worked very well until today.

But now, I can't access their website in order to check my credit and/or
earn some more, and my E5532 is reporting 'No Coverage' when I try to
connect. [My '3' phone works, so I assume that the '3' network is ok]

The business model used by Samba has always seemed a bit optimistic, so
it may not be too surprising if it has collapsed.

Does anyone have any information - I can't find anything on-line?

I'm off on a trip tomorrow, and was relying on using the E5532 whilst
travelling.

Yes, I know that I can buy alternative pre-loaded data SIMs on Amazon or
Ebay, but I haven't got time for that. Anyone know whether any High
Street shops sell them at a reasonable rate?
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old November 19th 13, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Stottle

On 19/11/2013 22:19, Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

Website working fine for me, balance showing, adds available etc,

Old November 26th 13, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Mills

On 19/11/2013 22:52, Harry Stottle wrote:
[...]

It looks like I worried prematurely! Their website was down for quite a
while last Tuesday, but eventually came back. While it was down, I
couldn't use their SIM for internet access - possibly because the downed
server was needed for authentication.

Anyway, I'm now back home having used it extensively during the time I
was away - so I'm happy.

Let's hope that that was a just a temporary blip, and not symptomatic of
something more serious.
--
Cheers,
Roger