Plusnet a good deal with a catch

Old November 23rd 13, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

Default Plusnet a good deal with a catch

I started to go through the Plusnet signing up procedure and stopped to
read the legal bit. What looks like a good 12 month deal ties you up to
a second full price year.
"At the end of the minimum period of 12 months you will remain on your
Plusnet Weekends, Anytime or Anytime International 300 phone package and
Plusnet Unlimited Broadband package and pay the standard rental charges
– currently £9.99 per month plus line rental. You must stay on this
package for 12 months or you will have to pay an early termination
charge relating to the period remaining on your contract"
Derek.
Old November 23rd 13, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Derek F" wrote in message ...

I started to go through the Plusnet signing up procedure and stopped to
read the legal bit. What looks like a good 12 month deal ties you up to
a second full price year.
"At the end of the minimum period of 12 months you will remain on your
Plusnet Weekends, Anytime or Anytime International 300 phone package and
Plusnet Unlimited Broadband package and pay the standard rental charges
– currently £9.99 per month plus line rental. You must stay on this
package for 12 months or you will have to pay an early termination
charge relating to the period remaining on your contract"
Derek.

So what if you leave at end of first year is there a termination fee for not
having this second year?
After 2 years can you leave at any time without penalty?

Sounds to me BB becoming like Car and House insurance then, when the first
year is up move to another introductory offer.

Regards
David

Old November 23rd 13, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Theo Markettos

Derek F wrote:
"At the end of the minimum period of 12 months you will remain on your
Plusnet Weekends, Anytime or Anytime International 300 phone package and
Plusnet Unlimited Broadband package and pay the standard rental charges
- currently £9.99 per month plus line rental. You must stay on this
package for 12 months or you will have to pay an early termination
charge relating to the period remaining on your contract"

Are you sure the 'you must stay on this package for 12 months' relates to
the first 12 months or the second 12 months? Because I signed up for a
plusnet special offer, contract lasted a year, when it expired I contacted
them for a renewal quote and they offered me the same deal again. There was
no mention of it reverting to a 'standard' tariff.

Theo
Old November 23rd 13, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

On 23/11/2013 13:20, David wrote:

"Derek F" wrote in message ...

I started to go through the Plusnet signing up procedure and stopped to
read the legal bit. What looks like a good 12 month deal ties you up to
a second full price year.
"At the end of the minimum period of 12 months you will remain on your
Plusnet Weekends, Anytime or Anytime International 300 phone package and
Plusnet Unlimited Broadband package and pay the standard rental charges
– currently £9.99 per month plus line rental. You must stay on this
package for 12 months or you will have to pay an early termination
charge relating to the period remaining on your contract"
Derek.

So what if you leave at end of first year is there a termination fee for
not having this second year?
After 2 years can you leave at any time without penalty?

I will need to phone them to be sure.
Sounds to me BB becoming like Car and House insurance then, when the
first year is up move to another introductory offer.

I seem to change home insurers every year. Way back I was with the same
company for 25 years. Same often with bank accounts to get a years added
bonus.
Derek
Old November 23rd 13, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

On 23/11/2013 13:36, Theo Markettos wrote:
Derek F wrote:
"At the end of the minimum period of 12 months you will remain on your
Plusnet Weekends, Anytime or Anytime International 300 phone package and
Plusnet Unlimited Broadband package and pay the standard rental charges
- currently £9.99 per month plus line rental. You must stay on this
package for 12 months or you will have to pay an early termination
charge relating to the period remaining on your contract"

Are you sure the 'you must stay on this package for 12 months' relates to
the first 12 months or the second 12 months? Because I signed up for a
plusnet special offer, contract lasted a year, when it expired I contacted
them for a renewal quote and they offered me the same deal again. There was
no mention of it reverting to a 'standard' tariff.

Theo

Just checked and they say that you are free to leave without penalty at
the end of the first year.
Derek.
Old November 23rd 13, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flop

On 23/11/2013 12:35, Derek F wrote:
I started to go through the Plusnet signing up procedure and stopped to
read the legal bit. What looks like a good 12 month deal ties you up to
a second full price year.
"At the end of the minimum period of 12 months you will remain on your
Plusnet Weekends, Anytime or Anytime International 300 phone package and
Plusnet Unlimited Broadband package and pay the standard rental charges
– currently £9.99 per month plus line rental. You must stay on this
package for 12 months or you will have to pay an early termination
charge relating to the period remaining on your contract"
Derek.

Wrong approach.

Sort out what you want and then ring them up.

You know how double glazing/car/furniture salesmen have an exceptional
offer that expires tonight?

Time you did it.

Ringing them makes them want to conclude a sale before you go off and
ring someone else.

If you hit the right buttons, you may get a very good offer.

Take notes.

Then email them confirming *all* the details so that there can be no
mistake.

They are quite a friendly company and very good technically - even
though the finance side may be a bit 'iffy'.

Flop

Old November 23rd 13, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

On 23/11/2013 14:49, Flop wrote:
[...]

I phoned o2/Sky to get a mac code and they offered me free line rental
for a year, anytime calls at £5 a month and unlimited broadband at £7.50
so I took that route.
Derek

--
Derek.
Old November 24th 13, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 23/11/2013 12:35, Derek F wrote:
I started to go through the Plusnet signing up procedure and stopped to
read the legal bit. What looks like a good 12 month deal ties you up to
a second full price year.
"At the end of the minimum period of 12 months you will remain on your
Plusnet Weekends, Anytime or Anytime International 300 phone package and
Plusnet Unlimited Broadband package and pay the standard rental charges
– currently £9.99 per month plus line rental. You must stay on this
package for 12 months or you will have to pay an early termination
charge relating to the period remaining on your contract"
Derek.

I think you've misinterpreted that, although it's not worded very well.
You're only committed to 12 months service and do *not* have to pay
early termination fees should you leave after a year.

I'll see if we can get the wording changed.

Old November 25th 13, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

On 24/11/2013 23:33, Plusnet Support Team wrote:
[...]

The T&Cs for this promotion were changed very were changed very recently
from an 18 month contract.

--
Michael Chare
Old November 25th 13, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 25/11/2013 01:03, Michael Chare wrote:
[...]

Different promotion.