Virgin Media email accounts

Old November 23rd 13, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Optimist

Default Virgin Media email accounts

Does Virgin Media ever test its software?

I just went through the procedure to set up a new email address.

It tells you the new address has been set up, but says that before you can use it, you have to
confirm it by replying to a message sent to the new email address.

But when you try to log in using the new email address, it tells you you can't until you've
responded to the message.....
Old November 23rd 13, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Optimist" wrote in message
Does Virgin Media ever test its software?

I just went through the procedure to set up a new email
address.

It tells you the new address has been set up, but says that
before you can use it, you have to
confirm it by replying to a message sent to the new email
address.

But when you try to log in using the new email address, it
tells you you can't until you've
responded to the message.....

That's new to me. I added an extra e-mail address about five
months ago and never had to go through that procedure.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old November 23rd 13, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 18:07:02 +0000
Optimist wrote:

Does Virgin Media ever test its software?

I just went through the procedure to set up a new email address.

It tells you the new address has been set up, but says that before
you can use it, you have to confirm it by replying to a message sent
to the new email address.

But when you try to log in using the new email address, it tells you
you can't until you've responded to the message.....

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

--
Davey.
Old November 24th 13, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

Does Virgin Media ever test its software?

I just went through the procedure to set up a new email address.

It tells you the new address has been set up, but says that before you can use it, you have to
confirm it by replying to a message sent to the new email address.

But when you try to log in using the new email address, it tells you you can't until you've
responded to the message.....

If it still isn't sorted try http://community.virginmedia.com/ or
perhaps "free.virginmedia.discussion.e-mail" There are some helpful
people there.
--
Pete

Old November 24th 13, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Optimist" wrote in message
Does Virgin Media ever test its software?

I just went through the procedure to set up a new email address.

It tells you the new address has been set up, but says that before you can
use it, you have to
confirm it by replying to a message sent to the new email address.

But when you try to log in using the new email address, it tells you you
can't until you've
responded to the message.....

Doesn't it send the message to your existing email account?

Old November 24th 13, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

wrote:

Does Virgin Media ever test its software?

I just went through the procedure to set up a new email address.

It tells you the new address has been set up, but says that before you can use it, you have to
confirm it by replying to a message sent to the new email address.

But when you try to log in using the new email address, it tells you you can't until you've
responded to the message.....

You should be able to log in to *webmail* using the new email address.
This is what will activate it for use. You can subsequently use it
either by webmail, or by adding its details to an email client, such
as Thunderbird, Outlook, etc.

If you've been trying to log into *My Virginmedia*, you should be
using the primary email address, which is the one based on the account
name, and was fixed when you joined VM. The nine other email addresses
you can create yourself are secondary addresses, which can only be
used for email and not for administering the account. Virginmedia
themselves can tell you more about this. There is comprehensive help
information on their website.

Rod.
Old November 24th 13, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Optimist

wrote:

[...]

If I try to log in via webmail, it says I can't until I confirm the details. Yes I can CREATE new
webmail addresses, but they are entirely useless because until I manage to access the emails it
sends to them, I can't access the mailbox. Utterly bloody useless.
Old November 24th 13, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Optimist

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 11:05:16 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

"Optimist" wrote in message
.. .
Does Virgin Media ever test its software?

I just went through the procedure to set up a new email address.

It tells you the new address has been set up, but says that before you can
use it, you have to
confirm it by replying to a message sent to the new email address.

But when you try to log in using the new email address, it tells you you
can't until you've
responded to the message.....

Doesn't it send the message to your existing email account?

No, it says it sends it to the new one. You have to action that message in order to log into the
mailbox. Difficult.

Old November 24th 13, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 20:06:28 +0000, Optimist
wrote:

If I try to log in via webmail, it says I can't until I confirm the details. Yes I can CREATE new
webmail addresses, but they are entirely useless because until I manage to access the emails it
sends to them, I can't access the mailbox. Utterly bloody useless.

You need to speak to VM Tech Support. If there's something you don't
understand they can explain it, and if there's something not working
properly, they can fix it.

Rod.
Old November 25th 13, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil W Lee

Roderick Stewart considered Sun, 24 Nov
2013 20:19:09 +0000 the perfect time to write:

wrote:

If I try to log in via webmail, it says I can't until I confirm the details. Yes I can CREATE new
webmail addresses, but they are entirely useless because until I manage to access the emails it
sends to them, I can't access the mailbox. Utterly bloody useless.

You need to speak to VM Tech Support. If there's something you don't
understand they can explain it, and if there's something not working
properly, they can fix it.

It seems to me that any lack of understanding is on VMs part.