Market 1 exchange - are suppliers really this limited?

Old November 23rd 13, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

Default Market 1 exchange - are suppliers really this limited?

BT
Talktalk
Plusnet
Primus (who?)
Sky

that seems to be the lot. I've just moved, and don't yet have a phone line.

Andy
Old November 23rd 13, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

On 23/11/2013 20:21, Vir Campestris wrote:
BT
Talktalk
Plusnet
Primus (who?)
Sky

that seems to be the lot. I've just moved, and don't yet have a phone
line.

It depends on the exchange. Which one are you referring to?

--
Peter Crosland
Old November 23rd 13, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 23/11/2013 20:43, Peter Crosland wrote:
On 23/11/2013 20:21, Vir Campestris wrote:
BT
Talktalk
Plusnet
Primus (who?)
Sky

that seems to be the lot. I've just moved, and don't yet have a phone
line.

It depends on the exchange. Which one are you referring to?

Middle of nowhere... err...

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EAWWR

Andy
Old November 23rd 13, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

On 23/11/2013 20:55, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 23/11/2013 20:43, Peter Crosland wrote:
On 23/11/2013 20:21, Vir Campestris wrote:
BT
Talktalk
Plusnet
Primus (who?)
Sky

that seems to be the lot. I've just moved, and don't yet have a phone
line.

It depends on the exchange. Which one are you referring to?

Middle of nowhere... err...

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EAWWR

Any ISP that uses BT as the carrier should be able to supply broadband
and many will also be able to supply phone service as well. I don't
understand why you think you are restricted to the list you gave.

--
Peter Crosland
Old November 23rd 13, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 21:33:02 +0000, Peter Crosland
wrote:

On 23/11/2013 20:55, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 23/11/2013 20:43, Peter Crosland wrote:
On 23/11/2013 20:21, Vir Campestris wrote:
BT
Talktalk
Plusnet
Primus (who?)
Sky

that seems to be the lot. I've just moved, and don't yet have a phone
line.

It depends on the exchange. Which one are you referring to?

Middle of nowhere... err...

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EAWWR

Any ISP that uses BT as the carrier should be able to supply broadband
and many will also be able to supply phone service as well. I don't
understand why you think you are restricted to the list you gave.

Probably talking about fibre providers ?

--

:: Jim,

http://www.yesscotland.net
Old November 23rd 13, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert Moss-Eccardt

wrote:

On 23/11/2013 20:55, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 23/11/2013 20:43, Peter Crosland wrote:
On 23/11/2013 20:21, Vir Campestris wrote:
BT
Talktalk
Plusnet
Primus (who?)
Sky

that seems to be the lot. I've just moved, and don't yet have a phone
line.

It depends on the exchange. Which one are you referring to?

Middle of nowhere... err...

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EAWWR

Any ISP that uses BT as the carrier should be able to supply broadband
and many will also be able to supply phone service as well. I don't
understand why you think you are restricted to the list you gave.

Probably talking about fibre providers ?

Er. No. West Wratting won't get SFBB until 2015.
http://www.connectingcambridgeshire....west-wratting/

Old November 24th 13, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
BT
Talktalk
Plusnet
Primus (who?)
Sky

that seems to be the lot. I've just moved, and don't yet have a phone line.

There are dozens more that will use the BT wholesale system - BT retail is
just one of them.

e.g. Entanet (via one of their many resellers), Zen, Plusnet (although
these are really BT in disguise), AAISP, IDNET, Vivacity, and many,
many more...

My exchange has BT and Talktalk. I use Entanet.

Gordon
Old November 24th 13, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:29:59 +0000 (UTC)
Gordon Henderson wrote:

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
BT
Talktalk
Plusnet
Primus (who?)
Sky

that seems to be the lot. I've just moved, and don't yet have a
phone line.

There are dozens more that will use the BT wholesale system - BT
retail is just one of them.

e.g. Entanet (via one of their many resellers), Zen, Plusnet (although
these are really BT in disguise), AAISP, IDNET, Vivacity, and many,
many more...

My exchange has BT and Talktalk. I use Entanet.

Gordon

Reading this NG, I get the feeling that Plusnet is much better than
"Really BT in disguise" implies. Personally, I use Zen, which is
certainly not BT in disguise, so have no reason to arbitrarily defend
Plusnet.

--
Davey.
Old November 24th 13, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message ...

BT
Talktalk
Plusnet
Primus (who?)
Sky

that seems to be the lot. I've just moved, and don't yet have a phone line.

Andy

*****

I think a thing to watch is if you need help from their Support is do they
charge, I'm told Sky do charge for the call on one of those fancy charge
numbers.
Regards
David

Old November 24th 13, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

On 24/11/2013 20:01, David wrote:

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message ...

BT
Talktalk
Plusnet
Primus (who?)
Sky

that seems to be the lot. I've just moved, and don't yet have a phone
line.

Andy

*****

I think a thing to watch is if you need help from their Support is do
they charge, I'm told Sky do charge for the call on one of those fancy
charge numbers.
Regards
David

It will probably be an 0844 number that usually is excluded from the
inclusive call bundles many people have. Plusnet have both normal
terrestrial and 0800 numbers for support.

--
Peter Crosland