dap-1160 sdk??

Old December 3rd 13, 04:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mike Scott

Default dap-1160 sdk??

I bought one of this some weeks ago. The advertising all says 'comes
with SDK' - which it didn't. The dlink website says available on
request, but there seems no way of requesting it. Their support contact
is a choice of premium rate phone number, or a web page with significant
'fiddle factor' (not least about supported browser versions and popup
blockers: I get the definite feeling they're discouraging contact).

Has anyone here actually obtained the SDK for this device?

--
Mike Scott (unet2 at [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England
Old December 3rd 13, 06:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 15:36:12 +0000
Mike Scott wrote:

I bought one of this some weeks ago. The advertising all says 'comes
with SDK' - which it didn't. The dlink website says available on
request, but there seems no way of requesting it. Their support
contact is a choice of premium rate phone number, or a web page with
significant 'fiddle factor' (not least about supported browser
versions and popup blockers: I get the definite feeling they're
discouraging contact).

Has anyone here actually obtained the SDK for this device?

I just found what appears to be the latest source plus toolchain he
http://pmdap.dlink.com.tw/PMD/GetAgi...e=6.8784953E7;
from this page
http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads200...ownload&OS=GPL

Old December 4th 13, 09:40 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mike Scott

Mike Scott wrote:

I bought one of this some weeks ago. The advertising all says 'comes
with SDK' - which it didn't. The dlink website says available on
request, but there seems no way of requesting it. Their support
contact is a choice of premium rate phone number, or a web page with
significant 'fiddle factor' (not least about supported browser
versions and popup blockers: I get the definite feeling they're
discouraging contact).

Has anyone here actually obtained the SDK for this device?

I just found what appears to be the latest source plus toolchain he
http://pmdap.dlink.com.tw/PMD/GetAgi...e=6.8784953E7;
from this page
http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads200...ownload&OS=GPL

Thanks for the links.

Unfortunately, the second just seems to lead to a list of files with no
download ability (if there's a link, I can't see it!!); the first (I
can't see how you found it) starts to download the .rar file but doesn't
seem to get far (after 10 minutes in and only 23kb downloaded, I've
restarted on a spare machine using wget, so it can run as long as may
be; wget has the download speed blanked out at present, so it's spending
most time stalled).

I've now contacted Amazon which is where I got the box. To their credit,
I had an initial response within about an hour. Apparently they're going
to check a box from the warehouse and get back to me. Not a lot really a
vendor can do about this; but they might hopefully at least change their
product description page. And maybe kick dlink for causing a problem. I
wonder how many have actually asked for the SDK.

Old December 4th 13, 02:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mike Scott

Mike Scott wrote:

[...]

Not doing too well here. After about 4hours download, I got less than
half a megabyte, and that's all there is: the source rar file seems to
be truncated.

Amazon apologized for not including the 'setup cd'. Missing the entire
point of my query.

I'm retrying both.

Old December 4th 13, 03:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 08:40:06 +0000
Mike Scott wrote:

On 03/12/13 17:43, Rob Morley wrote:

I just found what appears to be the latest source plus toolchain
he
http://pmdap.dlink.com.tw/PMD/GetAgi...e=6.8784953E7;
from this page
http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads200...ownload&OS=GPL

Thanks for the links.

Unfortunately, the second just seems to lead to a list of files with
no download ability (if there's a link, I can't see it!!);

Are you running some sort of script blocker?

the first
(I can't see how you found it) starts to download the .rar file but
doesn't seem to get far (after 10 minutes in and only 23kb
downloaded, I've restarted on a spare machine using wget, so it can
run as long as may be; wget has the download speed blanked out at
present, so it's spending most time stalled).

It's 68MB, integrity checked OK - I'll see if I can stick it on the web
or set up an FTP server later so you can download it.

Old December 4th 13, 04:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mike Scott

Mike Scott wrote:

On 03/12/13 17:43, Rob Morley wrote:

I just found what appears to be the latest source plus toolchain
he
http://pmdap.dlink.com.tw/PMD/GetAgi...e=6.8784953E7;
from this page
http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads200...ownload&OS=GPL

Thanks for the links.

Unfortunately, the second just seems to lead to a list of files with
no download ability (if there's a link, I can't see it!!);

Are you running some sort of script blocker?

Not as far as I know. AdBlock+ and Ghostery, neither of which is
affecting this page. That 2nd link gives me a page with 'GPL Source Code
Support' near the top, a keyword search box, and a list of model numbers
(all links). Clicking any of those takes me to a tables of files -
'type' (all GPL src code), 'description' and 'size' (all around 50 to 70
Mb). And a 'back' button.

Ooooops... now I see. The lines are indeed links. When the cursor rolls
over them they change colour to the faintest of faint off-white colours
- didn't spot it. Although I'm /almost/ sure I tried clicking there
earlier just on spec...... Oh well, face now a rather darker shade of
pink :-) Mind you, some of those links do point nowhere!! The latest
version s still amazingly slow.

It's 68MB, integrity checked OK - I'll see if I can stick it on the web
or set up an FTP server later so you can download it.

Yes please. That would save me some agony. Thanks.

Old December 4th 13, 05:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 15:24:40 +0000
Mike Scott wrote:

On 04/12/13 14:22, Rob Morley wrote:

It's 68MB, integrity checked OK - I'll see if I can stick it on the
web or set up an FTP server later so you can download it.

Yes please. That would save me some agony. Thanks.

Just sending it via free.mailbigfile.com - should be available soon.

Old December 5th 13, 03:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mike Scott

Mike Scott wrote:

On 04/12/13 14:22, Rob Morley wrote:

It's 68MB, integrity checked OK - I'll see if I can stick it on the
web or set up an FTP server later so you can download it.

Yes please. That would save me some agony. Thanks.

Just sending it via free.mailbigfile.com - should be available soon.

Received, thank you.