Taking over an LLU phone line: £55?

Old December 3rd 13, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maurice

Default Taking over an LLU phone line: £55?

At the property we've just moved nto, the phone line was used by the
previous owner via a TalkTalk LLU package.
We did not wish to continue with TalkTalk so our ISP (who is
providing the phone service) took over the line, and has passed on a
one-off change of £55 for "LLU takeover to residential line", saying:

"It is the standard cost for the installation of the line rental rental
if we take over an LLU telephone line from another company."

I had never heard of this.
Anyone here come across such a charge?

--
/\/\aurice
(Retired in Surrey, UK)
Old December 3rd 13, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Maurice" wrote in message
At the property we've just moved nto, the phone line was used
by the
previous owner via a TalkTalk LLU package.
We did not wish to continue with TalkTalk so our ISP (who is
providing the phone service) took over the line, and has passed
on a
one-off change of £55 for "LLU takeover to residential line",
saying:

"It is the standard cost for the installation of the line
rental rental
if we take over an LLU telephone line from another company."

I had never heard of this.
Anyone here come across such a charge?

--

BT would have charged £130 for a new line installation but if you
have taken over an existing BT line there would be now charge if

I would guess that as BT would have to do work possibly in the
exchange and at a keyboard to change the line from LLU to
themselves and create the accounts then there would be some
charge which TT are passing on to you.

You could always ask them for a written explanation before
paying?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old December 3rd 13, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Leverton

In article ,
Maurice wrote:
At the property we've just moved nto, the phone line was used by the
previous owner via a TalkTalk LLU package.
We did not wish to continue with TalkTalk so our ISP (who is
providing the phone service) took over the line, and has passed on a
one-off change of £55 for "LLU takeover to residential line", saying:

"It is the standard cost for the installation of the line rental rental
if we take over an LLU telephone line from another company."

I had never heard of this.
Anyone here come across such a charge?

Yes, some 18 months ago when I had to takeover a line that had been
LLU'd and I didn't want to go with the LLU provider.

Nick
Old December 8th 13, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Maurice formulated the question :
At the property we've just moved nto, the phone line was used by the
previous owner via a TalkTalk LLU package.
We did not wish to continue with TalkTalk so our ISP (who is
providing the phone service) took over the line, and has passed on a
one-off change of £55 for "LLU takeover to residential line", saying:

"It is the standard cost for the installation of the line rental rental
if we take over an LLU telephone line from another company."

I had never heard of this.
Anyone here come across such a charge?

Supply of new line - Per line - using previously stopped LLU MPF line
01/04/2013 £40.86

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=ccWy9ZJoVtf1gb2YRV L3pYSkcG%2Bc%2B30URCuKygKmgSNUNeIS4WkJBRh6z%2FRUAI t8maxtgrEro1A7%0Aw5V8nzAZpQ%3D%3D

Conversion of Local Loop Unbundling (LLU) Metallic Path Facility (MPF)
to a single Wholesale Access line. 18/01/2008 £34.86

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=PgMT6eI2nnlo4hhO70 Yda27EtHRtVUAuOBA%2F5MusDN1UNeIS4WkJBRh6z%2FRUAIt8 maxtgrEro1A7%0Aw5V8nzAZpQ%3D%3D