No improvement for BT then for 2014.

Old December 31st 13, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 213 + on desktop

Default No improvement for BT then for 2014.

Rather the opposite it would appear to me.
Been awaiting the introduction of a FTTC for some time now. This time
last year the availability date quoted on http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
for my number was 31/3/2013. By that date they revised that date to
31/12/2013. Guess what, just checked again today (31/12/2013) and it's
been amended sometime during this month and is now 31/3/2014. I don't
suppose I have any realistic chance of ever being able to upgrade to
FTTC in my life time at this rate.
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter
FN 213+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Old December 31st 13, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 23:14:21 -0000
"Flyiñg Ñuñ 213 + on desktop" wrote:

Rather the opposite it would appear to me.
Been awaiting the introduction of a FTTC for some time now. This
time last year the availability date quoted on
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ for my number was 31/3/2013. By that
date they revised that date to 31/12/2013. Guess what, just checked
again today (31/12/2013) and it's been amended sometime during this
month and is now 31/3/2014. I don't suppose I have any realistic
chance of ever being able to upgrade to FTTC in my life time at this
rate.

Be grateful. You have had a date, even if it was wrong. Some of us, not
more than a half hour drive from two major cities in East Anglia,
have never even managed that.
Even ADSL+ would be an improvement!

--
Davey.

Old December 31st 13, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 213 + on desktop

"Flyig u 213 + on desktop" wrote:

Rather the opposite it would appear to me.
Been awaiting the introduction of a FTTC for some time now. This
time last year the availability date quoted on
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ for my number was 31/3/2013. By that
date they revised that date to 31/12/2013. Guess what, just checked
again today (31/12/2013) and it's been amended sometime during this
month and is now 31/3/2014. I don't suppose I have any realistic
chance of ever being able to upgrade to FTTC in my life time at this
rate.

Be grateful. You have had a date, even if it was wrong. Some of us, not
more than a half hour drive from two major cities in East Anglia,
have never even managed that.
Even ADSL+ would be an improvement!

Yes Davey, but I'm in a city area where I've had ADSL+ for quite a few
years now, but the availablity date for FTTC has been changed at least
twice to my knowledge which has meant at least a further 12 months wait
in my case. Even my smartphone (when not tied to my home wifi) is
getting a d/l speed of 30 Mbps on an unlimited tariff for less than 20
per month.

Old January 1st 14, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 31/12/13 23:40, Davey wrote:
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 23:14:21 -0000
"Flyiñg Ñuñ 213 + on desktop" wrote:

Rather the opposite it would appear to me.
Been awaiting the introduction of a FTTC for some time now. This
time last year the availability date quoted on
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ for my number was 31/3/2013. By that
date they revised that date to 31/12/2013. Guess what, just checked
again today (31/12/2013) and it's been amended sometime during this
month and is now 31/3/2014. I don't suppose I have any realistic
chance of ever being able to upgrade to FTTC in my life time at this
rate.

Be grateful. You have had a date, even if it was wrong. Some of us, not
more than a half hour drive from two major cities in East Anglia,
have never even managed that.
Even ADSL+ would be an improvement!

+1

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old January 1st 14, 01:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 23:51:32 -0000

"Davey" wrote in message
[...]

My heart bleeds for you. I repeat, be glad you have had any date for
FTTC.

--
Davey.

Old January 1st 14, 02:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 23:14:21 +0000, Flyiñg Ñuñ 213 + on desktop wrote:

Rather the opposite it would appear to me.
Been awaiting the introduction of a FTTC for some time now. This time
last year the availability date quoted on http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
for my number was 31/3/2013. By that date they revised that date to
31/12/2013. Guess what, just checked again today (31/12/2013) and it's
been amended sometime during this month and is now 31/3/2014. I don't
suppose I have any realistic chance of ever being able to upgrade to
FTTC in my life time at this rate.
--

Mine was revised from 31/12 to 31/3 too. However, they've finished
running fibre to the cabinet and cross wired to the old cab, so some

Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me 30 a post
Old January 1st 14, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown

On 31/12/2013 23:14, Flyig u 213 + on desktop wrote:
Rather the opposite it would appear to me.
Been awaiting the introduction of a FTTC for some time now. This time
last year the availability date quoted on http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
for my number was 31/3/2013. By that date they revised that date to
31/12/2013. Guess what, just checked again today (31/12/2013) and it's
been amended sometime during this month and is now 31/3/2014. I don't
suppose I have any realistic chance of ever being able to upgrade to
FTTC in my life time at this rate.

If it is any consolation our exchange has been FTTC enabled but most of
the village (and in particular the only people who might take it) are
well out of range so it is a case of box ticking to no good end.

We are basically "tick done" since we can get more than BRAS 2Mbps

No physical cabinets in the village doesn't exactly help.

They have however successfully crippled the alternative rival wireless
superfast system by poaching on their neighbouring territory.

I actually get a faster Three connection on a 3G dongle than on wired
ADSL despite being right on the edge of the Three reception area. Data
charges sting a bit though. O2 signal is non-existent. Orange marginal.

There are now donut shaped rings around larger towns where the faster
service is as far as I can see it deliberately not made available.

And our "Superfast Broadband" CEO is boasting about how haemorraging
taxpayers money to BT is assisting with their superfast rollout
programme. The money would be much better spent on local 3G or 4G nodes
with directional aerials in the worst rural village not spots.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old January 1st 14, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 213 + on desktop

"Flyig u 213 + on desktop" wrote:

[...]

I feel that it's giving about the same chance as possessing a Lotto
ticket for tonight's draw. I'll let you know if that proves successful.
If it is it could be the start of me being on a roll.

Old January 1st 14, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 213 + on desktop

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 23:14:21 +0000, Flyig u 213 + on desktop
wrote:

Rather the opposite it would appear to me.
Been awaiting the introduction of a FTTC for some time now. This
time
last year the availability date quoted on
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
for my number was 31/3/2013. By that date they revised that date to
31/12/2013. Guess what, just checked again today (31/12/2013) and
it's
been amended sometime during this month and is now 31/3/2014. I
don't
suppose I have any realistic chance of ever being able to upgrade to
FTTC in my life time at this rate.
--

Mine was revised from 31/12 to 31/3 too. However, they've finished
running fibre to the cabinet and cross wired to the old cab, so some
progress.

Good luck for your switch then. Had your FTTC available date first been
amended to 31/12/2013 from 31/03/2013 like mine?

Old January 1st 14, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 13:19:07 +0000, Flyiñg Ñuñ 213 + on desktop wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
[...]

Can't quite remember, but I think so.

Have you identified where your cab is, and whether it has a new powered
one near it?

Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me 30 a post