Suffolk Rural Broadband

Old January 25th 14, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

Default Suffolk Rural Broadband

The local newspaper has the following item:

"Several communities across Suffolk had been included in BT's original
commercial broadband plans - and were therefore excluded from the
"Better Broadband for Suffolk" bid by the the county council.
However BT then dropped the communities from their plans - effectively
meaning they were excluded from the programme."

Finally, some new money has been made available by the government.

I wonder when the PostCode checker for my area will reflect this?

--
Davey.
Old January 25th 14, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 25/01/14 12:55, Davey wrote:
The local newspaper has the following item:

"Several communities across Suffolk had been included in BT's original
commercial broadband plans - and were therefore excluded from the
"Better Broadband for Suffolk" bid by the the county council.
However BT then dropped the communities from their plans - effectively
meaning they were excluded from the programme."

Finally, some new money has been made available by the government.

I wonder when the PostCode checker for my area will reflect this?

This year, next year, sometime, never?

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old January 25th 14, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 12:55:49 +0000, Davey
wrote:

The local newspaper has the following item:

"Several communities across Suffolk had been included in BT's original
commercial broadband plans - and were therefore excluded from the
"Better Broadband for Suffolk" bid by the the county council.
However BT then dropped the communities from their plans - effectively
meaning they were excluded from the programme."

Finally, some new money has been made available by the government.

Sounds like this would enormously impress Lord Sugar in the
Apprentice.

I don't know why the bus companies don't redesignate all their routes
as non-commercial so they can claim a subsidy.
Old January 25th 14, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 13:14:30 +0000
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 25/01/14 12:55, Davey wrote:
The local newspaper has the following item:

"Several communities across Suffolk had been included in BT's
original commercial broadband plans - and were therefore excluded
from the "Better Broadband for Suffolk" bid by the the county
council. However BT then dropped the communities from their plans -
effectively meaning they were excluded from the programme."

Finally, some new money has been made available by the government.

I wonder when the PostCode checker for my area will reflect this?

This year, next year, sometime, never?

Yup.

There is a van that lives down the road, which has on it 'BTFS. Part of
BT'. I didn't know anything about them, so I looked them up:
http://www.btplc.com/btfs/Whatwedo/

Quite a spread of activities!

--
Davey.
Old January 25th 14, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

The Natural wrote:

On 25/01/14 12:55, Davey wrote:
The local newspaper has the following item:

"Several communities across Suffolk had been included in BT's
original commercial broadband plans - and were therefore excluded
from the "Better Broadband for Suffolk" bid by the the county
council. However BT then dropped the communities from their plans -
effectively meaning they were excluded from the programme."

Finally, some new money has been made available by the government.

I wonder when the PostCode checker for my area will reflect this?

This year, next year, sometime, never?

Yup.

There is a van that lives down the road, which has on it 'BTFS. Part of
BT'. I didn't know anything about them, so I looked them up:
http://www.btplc.com/btfs/Whatwedo/

Quite a spread of activities!

--
Davey.

Not really - just the part of BT that looks after its own buildings and
sites, known generally as facilities management. Most organisations have
such a department to look after broken windows, furniture replacement,
redecoration, sale and purchase of buildings, etc.

Old January 25th 14, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

The Natural wrote:

On 25/01/14 12:55, Davey wrote:
[...]

OK.

I also note that you can click on any of their Case Studies. Well, the
one there is, anyway!

--
Davey.
Old January 25th 14, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

George Weston wrote:

On 25/01/2014 14:00, Davey wrote:

There is a van that lives down the road, which has on it 'BTFS. Part of
BT'. I didn't know anything about them, so I looked them up:
http://www.btplc.com/btfs/Whatwedo/

Quite a spread of activities!

just the part of BT that looks after its own buildings and
sites, known generally as facilities management.

Sounds like they're being asked to sing for their own supper and service
external clients too ...

Old January 25th 14, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

The Natural wrote:

On 25/01/14 12:55, Davey wrote:
[...]

Do they? I thought most organisations outsourced. We do.
Old January 25th 14, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

The Natural wrote:

On 25/01/14 12:55, Davey wrote:
[...]

My employer had such a department - Estates and Construction. Normally
referred to as Mistakes and Destruction!

Mine did too. He was called Reg.

--
Davey.
Old January 25th 14, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Davey (for it is he) wrote:

http://www.btplc.com/btfs/Whatwedo/

Quite a spread of activities!

"A full complement of skills reach all parts of the UK estate enabling our
teams to largely self-deliver."

Indeed.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:28:44 up 24 days, 7 min, 7 users, load average: 0.19, 0.36, 0.38